Chapter 15

Recap: "Iclyn are you there, I need your help"

{Iclyn's voice is in bold writing}

Niall's POV

"Iclyn hello?" I call out over the water.

"Yes my dear boy, I'm here. I know what has happened and the other protectors have agreed to speak with the boys."

"Thank you, but how will you guys get through?"

"For us to come through, you will have to create a portal for us to walk through. Do you think you can manage?"

"Yes I can manage, now keep an eye out for the portal"

I end the connection with Iclyn and ignore the stairs from the others. I walk over into the middle of the field, focusing on creating the portal between both worlds. I let my mind open wide and force the power out, creating a circle pattern of ice in the air. I then picture another world being connected to ours and a portal opening a door between them. I then see a blinding light come from in front of my closed eyes. When I open my eyes I see a crystal portal swirling in front of me. But when I look closer I see five figures walking through from the light. The first person I see stepping out was Iclyn, joined by another female, and three males all wearing the colours of their elements. A red suit for fire, grey suit for air, purple suit for telekinesis and a green leaf gown for earth.

"Thank you Niall for opening the portal" Iclyn says, giving me a hug. When she pulls back, she turns to look at the other boys who are still sitting down in the grass.

I wave the boys over for them to come stand next to me. "Well Iclyn, these are my other band mates and best friends. This is Zayn, Liam, Louis and Harry." I introduce to Iclyn and the others behind her.

"It's nice to meet you all, now I'm guessing your all terribly confused and scared." Iclyn acknowledged. The boys just nod their heads not sure on what to say. "Well let me introduce you to your protectors. This is Torch he is the protector of the fire element, then you have Aires the protector of air, shifter or ship for short he's the protector for telekinesis. And lucky last you have Eden the protector of the earth element."

The boys all look around at the four protectors, then back at me and Iclyn. "Wait so Iclyn your the protector for Niall? What element are you?" Harry asked tilting his head to the side. "Harry, Iclyn and I are both water elements." I spoke up this time. "Makes sense, explains the snowflake." Harry spoke shrugging his shoulders. "Wait if that means Niall's an element, then we are too?" Harry questions.

"Yes your correct Harry, can you guess what element you may have?" Eden asked. "Um.... I don't know? I've always wanted the element of earth or nature." He answered. "Well your correct my boy, you have the power of earth so that makes me your protector, now let's go talk." Harry and Eden make their way to their own section of the field to talk. The others were also happy to find out they all got the powers they dreamed of having. Iclyn and I decided to make our way over to the lake, and talk about everything that has happened.

"I know it was very had for you to end that shapeshifters life, but it had to be done."

"I know but I can't help but feel guilty."

"I know what it is like, I had the same feeling with my first kill. So you'll have to watch out for the others, because it can really shake someone up having to end another's life."

"I know and I will." Sighing, looking over towards Harry to see him smiling and laughing, which brings a smile to my face. "You really love him don't you?" Iclyn asked, placing a hand on my shoulder. "Yeah but I don't want to risk putting him in danger."

"Niall let me tell you something. Love is the most confusing and dangerous thing out there, but when you find it. It becomes the most powerful feeling ever. I know this because when I was your age, I was scared to fall in love because of these powers. But I realised something."

"What?"

"That even when things turn for the worst, love will be there. Fight for it, don't let it go before it's too late. I was stupid and ran from the love of my life, because I was scared of what I might do. But Niall don't make the same mistake I did, go to him, be with him."

"Iclyn.... Thank you" I whispered, a small tear slipping from my eye. "It's okay my boy" Iclyn vowed. We sat there for while just hugging each other until I heard someone clear their throat.

"Niall?" I heard my name quietly and turned around to see Harry standing there looking at his feet. 'Go get him' I heard Iclyn say in my head. I turned to look back at her but she was already walking away to Eden. "Harry come here" I gushed, opening my arms. Harry then looked up with excitement and ran straight into me, wrapping his arms around me in a crushing hug. "What's wrong?" I asked running my fingers through his hair. "Thank you" Harry whispered. "Um.... what for?" I answered stopping the movement of my hand. "Everything" was all he said.

Harry then started to slowly push us down to the ground, with me landing on my back and Harry in my lap, not once breaking the hug.

"I love you Niall" Harry murmured into my neck. 'wait he loves me' - "I love you too Harry"

"No, not just in a friends way. I really love you Niall beyond friendship." Harry added leaning up to look into my eyes. "Yes I know Harry, and I really love you too." That was all I had to say before Harry brought his lips down onto mine. I immediately kiss back. Neither of us dared to move into anything heated, keeping it passionate and slow. Just enjoying having each other's lips on our own.

We eventually break apart, gasping for air. Harry then leans back into my hold, with his back against my chest and his head laying in the crock of my neck. Both of us looking over at the others. The protectors are showing Liam, Louis and Zayn what all their powers can do.

And that's where we stay for the rest of the night. The protectors answering questions from the boys, and showing them everything I have learnt about my powers along with their own.