I turn around and cross my arms, walking over to my desk to see what Aiden was looking at earlier. It's a picture of my father and I at a dance. It was a daddy-daughter dance my school held when I was in second grade, I still remember the entire night like it was yesterday.

Neither of us could dance so we just held hands and swung our arms and kicked our legs occasionally. We probably looked liked idiots but it didn't matter because we were there together having the best time. After the dance he took me to McDonalds and we sat out in the car and ate it while we talked about whatever first came to our mind.

My father was so easy to talk to. I could tell him anything and he always knew what to say to make me feel better.

"Hey," I feel Aidens hand on my shoulder and I turn around to face him, he's fully clothed at this point which is good considering I'm already looking at him.

"You're crying?" He asks with concern covering his beautiful face.

I hadn't even noticed I'd been crying but it seems like I can't think about my parents without letting a few tears escape.

I shake my head and wipe my eyes, "I'm fine." Moving my eyes down to my feet, all I see is blurry shoes and I huff and turn around.

"Hey," Aiden pulls lightly on my shoulder so I'm forced to face him.

I look up at him with my teary eyes and his face flashes with an expression I don't recognize, "You don't have to hide it from me Audrey." He says before his strong arms are wrapped around me.

I hug him back and he sets his chin on my head. I feel so safe in his arms, he makes me feel like the world around me doesn't matter, as long as he's here nothing can touch me. 

We stay like that a few moments longer, neither of us saying anything. His chin resting on my head while I listen to the steady rhythm of his heartbeat.

My arms around him loosen and I feel him let go of me. I look up at his face as he pulls back, "I may have gotten a few tears on your shirt." 

"It's fine." He smiles a small small but continues staring at me.

I look down at my feet, "I should probably change so I can say goodnight to the twins."

"Right." He steps aside so I can get to my dresser easier.

I shake my head and let out a small laugh while I get my clothes out, "You know you have to get out right?" I ask.

He just shrugs, "It's nothing I haven't seen before, peeking through your window at night." He says and my eyes widen, I throw a pair of socks at him and he easily dodges them, making me laugh.

"Your aim sucks." He laughs and starts walking out of the room, he gets to the doorway and I throw another pair of socks at him. He closes the door just in time for it to hit the door and fall to the ground. I hear him in the hallway laughing, "Terrible just terrible."

"Shut up!" I yell and get dressed. 

Aiden has a way of making me feel better and I can't deny the fact he has become a huge part of my life and I like life more with him in it. He distracts me from my past and always has an idea on how to make everything better. 

I pull my shirt over my head and walk out of my room, down the hall to the twins room, "Hey guys." I whisper softly and turn on their jungle night light.

I tuck in Masons blanket all the way around him and lean down to him, "Goodnight," I move his hair off of his face and kiss his forehead, "sleep tight when the sun wakes up so will you."

He shuts his little eyes and I back away, moving to tuck in Michelle.

I tuck the blanket in tight around her tiny body and kiss her forehead, "Goodnight, sleep tight when the sun wakes up so will you." I tell her and smile as she shuts her eyes.

I quietly walk out of their room and shut the door.

"Audrey! Where's your bathroom?" I hear Molly yell from downstairs. Why are teenagers so loud?

I run down the stairs and point down the hallway so she'll stop hollering. "Thanks." 

I just laugh and go outside, Aiden and Caleb are arguing over how roasted the marshmallow is supposed to be so I go over to stand with Emery.

"Hey," Emery says when she see's me, "cute PJs." 

I look down at my donut pants and light pink tank top, "thanks."

Alex walks up, "I made the twins a s'more each since they had to go to bed early. Do you want me to put it in the refrigerator?"

I grin at his sweetness to his little siblings and nod, "Yea. Oh and by the way they told me I won the bet when I went to tell them goodnight."

"Lies. You just made them go to bed so your pride wouldn't get damaged so soon." He says and shakes his head, faking disappointment.

"Oh whatever. I just forgot about it until I saw you walking by and I was wondering why you weren't crying yet." 

"I have no reason to cry today or tomorrow cause the twins will wake up in the morning and announce me the prank master." I laugh before he starts backing away slowly to put the s'mores inside.

"Audrey!" Caleb shouts, bringing everyones attention to him. "So you know how the toaster numbers stand for level of toastiness?" He asks but doesn't wait for an answer before he starts talking again, "If you put this marshmallow in the toaster on level three, would it come out looking more like this," He holds up his marshmallow, "Or this?" He points to Aidens and they both raise them in the air so I can get a better look.

I laugh at their dumb question and whisper to Emery, "Should we tell them the numbers on the toaster stand for minutes not level of toastiness?" I ask and shakes her head.

"Nahhh. Probably half of Calebs childhood is trying to decide how toasty he wants his toast." She laughs and I nod, "True."

"I got to say yours Caleb. It looks the perfect level three." I holler at them from across the yard.

Emery nods, "Yea. Aidens looks like a number five." She shouts and Aiden takes his marshmallow off and sticks it to Calebs face.

Caleb takes it off of his face and throws it into the fire, "Normally I would eat that marshmallow but a level five toasty is too high bro." He says and then eats the marshmallow he roasted with a grin.

"Whatever." Aiden laughs and James opens the backdoor, "Movies ready!"

We all grab the s'mores and stomp out the fire before going inside to watch whatever movie James has picked out for us.

A/N: Thanks so much for reading! Don't forget to vote if you enjoyed! Have a great day lovely readers!

Lie To Meजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें