Chapter 5

Chapter 5

"Elastigirls suit is blue and Mr. Incredible's is red. Their first child is named violet." James says making Emery and I think bad about Disney characters.

"I'm sure that's an accident and Disney didn't mean to do that. You think to hard about stuff." Emery says and picks up her sandwich, taking a bite.

James does have a point but I'm surprised he noticed that small, weird detail about a childrens movie.

"We need to all get together one day and watch a Disney movie!" I say with excitement evident in my voice. I love Disney movies and Michelle always makes me watch them with her so I should make James and Emery watch one with me.

"I would but I'm busy." James says and takes a fork full of alfredo into his mouth. 

"We never even came up with the day." Emery says and leans back in her chair to cross her arms. She smiles at him and has a look of satisfaction like she just solved all of lifes mysteries.

James looks up from his alfredo and then shrugs, "You have a point." He says and points to Emery with his fork before looking down and grabbing more alfredo to put into his mouth, "Now that I've been caught trying to get out of it I'll just admit that I don't want to."

"But you have to!" Emery pouts like a ten year old and huffs out, causing James and I to smile at her childish behavior. 

"We can all go over to Audreys later and watch The Little Mermaid?"  She pleas. 

I look up at them, "We can't do it today. Tonight is the night Aiden is coming over to help me with my math." I say and pop another fork full of delicious chicken alfredo into my mouth. 

I remember the paper he handed me with his number and make a mental note in my head to remember to text him later, or maybe I shouldn't? If I never give him my address he won't know where to go so I won't have to get tutored. 

I think about my evil plan and decide against it. Regardless of how much I hate the idea of Aiden coming to my house to tutor me, I can't deny that I need the extra help.

"Getting tutored by the sexy bad boy? I like your style Audrey." Emery tells me with a smile and then winks.

We both start laughing and James is next to speak, "So you're into bad boys? Well not trying to brag or anything but earlier my teacher said to 'raise your hand if you know the answer.' I knew the answer, but I didn't raise my hand." 

James says that and Emery and I burst into a laughing fit. 

I do a fake gasp and pretend like he's an awful person for doing all of the 'terrible' things he's done.

After the laughing dies down the bell rings and I shove the rest of my chicken alfredo into my mouth and listen to Emery and James' snarky remarks about my eating habits.

-.-.-.-.-.

After sixth period I make my way to my locker before grabbing my keys and heading towards my white Kia soul in the parking lot.

I've always loved this car and wanted it ever since I was able to drive and my parents told me that on my eighteenth birthday they would give it to me.

They died before they were ever able to present me with my dream car, I got the car anyway but I don't appreciate it as much knowing that it was supposed to be handed to me by my parents and it wasn't.

I start the engine and pull out of the parking lot. 

"How did it go?" I say as soon as Alex opens the car door.