Chapter 8

Chapter 8

When I get into my math class, I can't help but notice Aiden isn't in here. 

I wonder if this has anything to do with why he left so suddenly last night.

I push my thought back and take a seat in the second row in front of the teacher, unfortunately. 

"Today we are going to be reviewing for our test tomorrow." Says Mrs. Miller before she stands up and grabs an expo marker.

I just roll my eyes and lay my head down on my desk.

She begins calling people up to the board to work problems like we used to do in sixth grade.

I was really shy back then so I was one of those girls that would get major anxiety and turn bright red from the slightest interaction with somebody.

Getting in front of the whole class knowing everyones eyes are on me, still makes me nervous  but I have to reassure myself I know how to do it and that I'll be fine with whatever she throws at me.

After four people work them out and get it correct, her eyes scan the room for another person.

Her eyes meet mine and she smiles, "Ms. Fawn why don't you show us how to do number five." She says and holds out the marker.

I grab my book from my desk and traipse to her to retrieve the marker.

I know how to do the problem, I just don't like the attention of the class focused on me.

I get halfway through the problem when the door opens revealing Aiden.

"Care to enlighten me on why you're late to my class?" She crosses her arms and Aiden steps inside the room, shutting the door behind him.

Mrs. Millers hasn't liked Aiden ever since he put a sticky note on the bottom of her computer mouse making it to where it couldn't work.

It was a simple, harmless prank but it took her almost ten minutes to flip the mouse over and see the sticky note.

That was a funny day. I remember laughing with everyone else in the room but I couldn't help feel a little bit sorry for her.

Aiden finally speaks, "Someone told me to go to hell. Couldn't find it at first, but I'm here now."

The whole class bursts into laughter and Mrs. Millers face is fuming. 

"Mr. Cage you just earned yourself a day of detention, and if you continue laughing you can all go as well." She says and gestures to the rest of the class, making everyone get very quiet.

I look over at Aiden who's already looking at me. 

"Mr. Cage, you can leave whenever you see fit. The detention room is down the hall on your lef--"

He waves her off, "I know where it is. You've sent me there enough times." 

I chuckle at Aidens not caring attitude, forgetting how laughing is forbidden. 

She turns to face me then looks at Aiden again, "Well since you know the route so well Mr. Cage, why don't you show Mrs. Fawn the way."

Is she serious? Since when is laughing a crime? I know that she warned us but I didn't think she would follow through with the consequences.

She points to the door, causing Aiden to smile and open the door for me. I set the marker down and grab my things, heading to the door.

I've only ever had detention one time for sleeping in class but in my defense that wasn't my fault. If you don't want people to sleep in your class then don't make it so boring.