chapter thirty four

emma's pov:

"do you feel any different?" ethan asked, his cheeks red and his lips swollen.

"kinda. but like a good different." i rasped as i laid on his chest.

he carded his fingers through my hair and massaged my scalp as we calmed our breathing.

his bed sheets were soft against my sweaty skin. i could feel his rapid heartbeat against my cheek, indicating that he was nervous.

"what's wrong E?" i asked calmly.

he took a deep breath and paused my scalp massage as he conjured up a response.

"i-how was it?" he asked nervously, his voice wavering.

i laughed lightly and scratched my fingers lightly up and down his abs.

"best i've ever had." i joked.

"emma!" he exclaimed while laughing.

he paused and sighed once more, continuing his questions.

"but really. are you okay? were you ever uncomfortable or anything? because you could've told me and i would have stopped." he rambled, obviously afraid of something.

i rolled off of his chest and propped myself up on my elbow, facing him.

"you were... everything i wanted, E. i swear. so gentle, really." i said softly, trying to calm him down.

"okay..." he said softly, his voice almost a whisper.

i flopped back down onto my back and he laced our fingers together, while rubbing his thumb over my knuckles softly.

"want to shower? or maybe take a bath? then i can get you something...possibly water? i can make you a grilled cheese if you're hungry." he rambled again, turning his head to face me.

i smiled and laughed before responding.

"bath sounds nice.." i whispered with no intention of taking one alone.

"okay. i'll go run one for you em."

he let go of my hand and stood up from the bed, still naked.

he padded into the bathroom after throwing on a clean pair of boxers. i heard the water start to run followed by a string of curses.

i sat up and threw on one of ethan's t shirts that covered my ass and then some.

once i stood up i felt instant soreness. wincing, i tiptoed over to the bathroom and was greeted with ethan attempting to put some sort of bath bomb in the tub.

"shit shit shit. why is it fizzing?" he whispered to himself as he crouched in front of the tub.

i placed my hand on his shoulder and he whipped around. the bath bomb flew from his hands into the tub with a plop.

"need some help?" i teased with a smile.

he smiled brightly and stood up, raking his eyes up and down my body.

"baby, you look gorgeous right now." he whispered, locking his hazel eyes with mine.

"ethan." i fake scolded. he smirked and turned back towards the bath, feeling the water with his finger.

"is this the right temperature? also i didn't know which bath bomb you'd want? thought this one smelled good but if you don't like- "