chapter nineteen

a/n: here's lil bonus chapter! check the bottom of the chapter for credit!

emma's pov:

"take it off." ethan rasped.

i laughed at his possessiveness and shoved his chest as he stayed up on one arm. he collapsed onto my chest with an oof.

he snuggled into my chest as he recovered quickly.

"mm you're comfortable chamberlain."

"you're not." i teased while laughing. he rolled off me and stood up offering me his hand.

"cmere." he said while sticking his hand out.

i gladly accepted it and inhaled the woodsy scent from his sheets as he pulled me up lightly.

"let's make some breakfast." i whispered and released my hand from his.

his warm hand left mine. he followed me downstairs and went into the kitchen.

i sat down on the stool and waited for him to serve me.

"what's on the menu?" i said jokingly.

"pancakes." ethan said while grinning.

i stood up from my stool and decided to help him. we worked like a team as i grabbed the eggs and cracked them while he got the flour.

i stirred the mixture while he added the ingredients. he dipped his finger into the bowl and sucked off the batter to taste it.

"you're going to get sick dolan." i chided.

"i don't care. want to try some?"

he dipped his other fingers into the bowl and collected the batter. he brought it back up to his lips until something came over me and i grabbed his hand and brought his two fingers to my lips.

he watched me clean his fingers with droopy lids. his eyes were dark and his cheeks were pink.

i nonchalantly released his hand from my mouth and smirked up at his open mouthed expression.

"what was that chamberlain?" he questioned, the shock apparent on his face.

at this point i was teasing him, but i kind of liked being the intimidating one for once.

"you asked me if i wanted to try some?" i answered casually.

he simply shook his head and smirked.

i quickly ate my pancakes to hide my embarrassment. i ran away with a quick thanks from the table after washing my plate.

i hurried upstairs because i'm an idiot and i can't face my feelings.

"where'd you go?" grayson mumbled from his bed.

"breakfast with your brother." i sighed and climbed back into the warm confines of grayson's bed.

"with ethan?"

"who else?" i sassed.

"i just... never mind." he said ominously.

"what are your plans for today?" i asked, trying to change the subject.

"hannah and i are going to the bonfire at kian's, if you wanna come?"

i really didn't want to be a third wheel with my two best friends but i have nothing better to do.

"sure, gray." i agreed.

i knew i made the right choice when he smiled happily and stood up to get ready for the day. i followed in suit and changed into some denim shorts and a crop top.

"hey em, about earlier-." ethan started as he leaned against the doorframe. grayson was in the shower so we were safe to discuss.

"what about it?" i teased, knowing exactly what he meant.

"i-um. well, what did it mean?" he questioned nervously.

i looked down at my shoes and tried to come up with a logical explanation as to why i sucked his fucking finger. i must look like a complete freak.

"want to come to the bonfire tonight?" he asked suddenly.

i was taken aback by his invitation. i honestly thought he was going to scold me and tease me for being weird.

"sure, dolan. try to keep your dick in your pants." i said sarcastically.

the poor boy actually looked down at his shorts to check and started stuttering.

"chill, i was kidding." i said trying to reassure him.

"i got that chamberlain!" he said while walking away from grayson's door.

"sure you did!" i teased and waved goodbye. i bit my lip trying to suppress my smile.

"what were you talking to ethan about?" grayson questioned as he stood behind me in a towel.

"nothing."

tonight was going to be crazy.

a/n: vote for the next chapter!!! the batter part is inspired by a story i read on tumblr. if anyone knows the name of it please lmk so i can give credit where it is due!!!!!