chapter thirty three

emma's pov:

"you what?" sean asked.

i stood frozen in my place as did ethan. his hands still rested gently on the sides of my face as his mouth parted in shock.

sean stood there with an equal amount of surprise on his face. he stuffed his hands into his pockets and cleared his throat.

"ethan?...." he said, a testing tone in his voice.

"yeah?" he asked as his hands dropped to his sides.

"what- what is this?" he asked, anger being replaced with confusion.

ethan's honey eyes were soft as he ran a hand through his tousled hair. i picked at the loose threads on mine-ethan's sweatshirt.

"i love her." ethan said proudly, while looking at me for reassurance.

my eyes bulged out of my head and i scooted closer to him until i was pressed against his side, molding into his frame.

"emma, is this true?" sean asked, his tone steady and a smile tugging at the corner of his lips.

"uh-yeah." i said, my voice cracking slightly.

"you know! if you don't like it...that's too bad- because.. because i'm in love with her." ethan said while placing his hand on the small of my back.

"woah there romeo, i'm proud of you." sean replied.

"you are?" ethan asked, confused as to why his dad was so calm.

sean shrugged and shot me a gentle smile.
"he's liked you for the longest time." he said as he jabbed his thumb towards ethan and laughed.

i laughed as well and threw my head back, tension replaced with giddiness.

"daaadd!" ethan whined, a beautiful smile adorning his features.

sean laughed once more and walked towards the kitchen.

"i don't want any grandchildren ethan!" sean yelled. we could hear him snickering as ethan's ears turned bright pink.

i placed my hand on his chest and pressed a kiss to the corner of his lips and he whined.

"stop teasing emma." he said gruffly.

"do you think he's going to tell your mom?" i asked, peering up at him.

he bit his lip, held up his pointer finger and mouthed one sec, before padding into his kitchen to tell his dad.

i pretended to listen to his words but followed him until i was in the doorway so i could hear this conversation.

sorry, i'm a nosy bitch.

"hey, dad. about what i said earlier..." ethan began.

their voices were muffled but i could still make out the majority of the words.

"you really love her, kiddo?" sean said seriously.

"well.. yeah. of course i do. been that way since forever. just um- don't tell ma just yet..." ethan said.

i smiled and blushed at his words. i can't believe this.

"you know i can't keep secrets from her.." sean said jokingly.

"okay. em and i will tell her... whenever she's ready. after what happened with her dad... i just don't want to rush into anything." ethan said softly.

"i can't lose her again." ethan continued.

"i know eth. you were so whiny last time she left you." sean teased.

i smiled wider and bit my lip to suppress the maniacal grin that was taking over my face.

"take care of her though. you know gray won't hesitate to kick your ass.." sean said.

i heard silence and assumed that ethan was nodding or some shit.

i was so caught up in sleuthing that i didn't hear his footsteps near me. my ear was still pressed firmly against the wall and my eyes were squinted as i tried to depict what they are saying.

"spying now are we?" ethan teased as he kissed my forehead.

i jumped from the contact and blushed. i managed to squeak out a quick no, even though it was obvious what i was up to.

"s'fine, really. i was going to talk to you about it anyway." ethan said sincerely.

"okay.." i said softly, my cheeks blushing even more.

we stared at each other for a few seconds and he gulped. i really wanted to kiss him right now but i hesitated, knowing sean was one room over. once ethan and i started, it was difficult to stop.

"wanna grab some food?" he questioned while trailing his thumb on my cheekbone.

"don't you have a big game tomorrow, dolan?" i teased, trying to distract myself from his soft hand on my face.

"yeah.. but a small milkshake wouldn't hurt." he said jokingly.

"and why is that?" i asked, wondering why he'd sacrifice his strict diet for me yet again.

"wanna spend some time with my girl." he said softly.

i threw caution to the wind and placed my eager lips against his, instantly slipping my tongue into his mouth.

he tenderly held my face with one hand while the other was placed on my lower back.

our kisses were languid and passionate. i didn't realize how much time had gone by until we pulled away, both of our faces red.

his lips were parted in shock for a second.

"god i fucking love you." he rasped as we recovered.

"love you too." i said softly while giving him a quick peck.

"don't wanna get food anymore..." he said gruffly, staring at me with dilated pupils.

"what would you rather do?" i asked, trying to get him to make the first move.

he thought for a minute before letting out a large breath and continuing his sensual movements on my cheek.

"want to show you how much i love you." he said, his voice husky.

i smiled as we walked out to his car, resuming what had begun a few nights ago.

i guess my plans to tell him about my possible adoption by the meloche's could wait.

for a few hours.

a/n: vote for the next chapter! sorry this one is kinda short!