chapter seven

emma's pov:

he seemed taken aback by the simple question. after all it was just some girl.

" i uhm didn't like what he was saying." he said gruffly.

"well clearly." i said sarcastically, motioning over to a dazed jack being treated by a paramedic.

"gray told me it was over some girl. sooo, who's the lucky girl with a potential case of herpes?" i joked, waggling my eyebrows.

he looked annoyed at my comment rather than his usual dumbass smirk. what is going on with this boy?

"i'm not as bad as you think, chamberlain." he stated, effectively avoiding my question.

i snickered, not believing a word of his man whore lies. was this his attempt to get in my pants?

"what?!" he exclaimed defensively.

"just you, ya know, being nice? that's definitely a rarity."

"oh cmon. im nice." the delusional boy stated. i couldn't help but admire his persistence.

"ok." i said, scoffing. i was still carefully resting the ice on his bruising hand. "it's not like you haven't fucked every girl in our grade then left them." i responded.

"i definitely do not do that!" he exclaimed. wow this boy is really pleading his case.

"hear me out. every single one of those girls only wanted me because of my name, not because of who i am. so i'm a douche for leaving them? they're fake for trying to get with me in the first place."

"but that doesn't change the fact that you let them. like they're just another conquest."

"fucking girls isn't an accomplishment. it's supposed to mean something.." he admits.

his honesty and genuine attitude is scaring me.

"that's deep shit dolan. i didn't know you had it in you." i said, trying to stir some sarcastic responses and end this conversation.

"maybe if you got to know me better you would think differently of me." he said, feigning sadness. he even wiped away a fake tear with his good hand.

i shoved his shoulder in the middle of my laughter.

"see, i made you laugh." he said smugly.

"don't flatter yourself. you never answered my question. who's the girl?"

he coughed, choking on his words. i could see him thinking this out in his head. who knew he had a brain in there?

"taylor." he answered nonchalantly, avoiding eye contact.

"liar." i said simply.

"how'd you know?"

"you suck ass at it."

he let a boisterous laugh escape his chest. i have never seen him laugh so hard. tears were streaming out of his eyes. i swear the entire cheerleading team was straining their necks to see ethan dolan, laughing.

"seeeee now i made you laugh." i teased.

"you should be flattered. i don't think i've laughed that hard in awhile." he responded truthfully.

our eyes locked. the ice pack was abandoned as he used his swelling hand to tuck a loose piece of hair behind my ear.

a/n: vote for the next chapter!