chapter twenty six

emma's pov:

"no." i said simply.

he looked shocked but nodded.

"s'okay." he said softly.

i instantly felt bad for making a joke out of it.

"really?" i asked.

"no. i don't understand." he stated

"well there's this other guy. tall, kinda annoying... but i let it slide. brown hair, hazel eyes.... ever heard of him?"

he shook his head and frowned, his eyes looked glassy.

i started rambling, trying to see if he would catch on. "captain of the football team, carrier of numerous STD's..."

"emma!!" he exclaimed while laughing.

" of course i'll be your girlfriend dolan."
i teased.

he smirked and flipped me off.

"but i need to set some rules." i decided out loud.

"rules? what is this? a board game." he joked.

"great joke dolan, but no." i said.

"first, we can't tell grayson."

"agreed." he said seriously.

"he'll freak out and probably try to rip your penis off or something."

he feigned hurt and placed his hand over his heart while mouthing, "my own brother?"

i genuinely laughed at his stupidity and continued to tell him the ground rules of our ~forbidden love~.

"that's basically it, ethan." i said while laughing.

"is that so? well i may have a few rules of my own." he said gruffly, trying to be sexy or some shit.

i burst out laughing when he captured his lips in his teeth and stared me down.

"stop looking at me like that!" i joked while covering my face with my hands.

"never." he growled playfully.

he captured my hips in his hands and locked his hands across my back softly. i placed my hands on his broad shoulders and planted a kiss on his lips gently before pulling away.

he frowned and i ducked under his arms, out of his embrace.

"emmuhhh!" he whined like a 6 year old.

" i have homework ethan. later, i promise." i sang out happily. i walked out of his room and went into mine.

three hours later i had completed my homework. i was really bored and in desperate need of my best friend.

i sauntered over to grayson's room and lightly knocked.

"G?" i called through the door. no response.

i swear i saw his car in the driveway?

i shrugged it off and pushed open the door. grayson had headphones jammed in his ears. the music was blasting so loud that i could hear kid cudi playing.

he was hunched over at his desk doing homework.

he didn't even hear me near his chair.

i snuck up behind him and ruffled his hair.

he spun around and yelled, "what the fuck!"

he then noticed me and smiled goofily. he took out his headphones and tackled me onto his bed.