chapter eight

a/n: here's a lil bonus chapter!! thank you so much for voting + commenting!!

emma's pov:

he looked nervous after pulling that stunt on me. he probably assumed i was going to fall on my knees and beg him to take me right here, on this bench.

he retracted his hand quickly and i picked up the fallen ice pack. i gently laid it atop his hand.

"why are you helping me?" he whispered.

"we can't have our star quarterback injured now can we? who would i have to cheer for?" i joked.

"mhm. grayson?"

"that's what hannah's for."

his eyes bugged out of his head. oops.

"hannah?" he quietly screamed.

"yeah?" i said, confused by his shock.

"he has been pining after her since like seventh grade."

"i thought best friends tell each other these things?" i uttered in complete disbelief.

"you're not the only one."

"ok but i'm the better one. i definitely win in all the categories."

he chuckled again, shaking his head.

"oh come on. i was literally in the uterus with him. your competition is pointless." he teased back.

i loved our playful banter. he always seemed to understand my sense of humor, while when i tried to joke about things like this with gray it just went right over his head. it usually ended up in him pouting because he took my sarcasm to heart.

"we'll see about that." i teased back.

the buzzer sounded signaling the end of the stupid game. our team won as expected. i also successfully avoided cheering so i guess it's a win-win.

i touched ethan's shoulder and sent him a friendly smile before walking over to the squad. we got changed in the locker room. the entire football team was cheering and went to hit the showers.

hannah and ellie walked over to me and laced their arms in mine.

"soo ethan dolan hm?" hannah asked.

"oh god no." i said back instantly, almost a little to quickly.

they giggled at my embarrassment.

"then what is that." ellie questioned, eyes directed at a figure standing near my car.

ethan fucking dolan was leaning against my subaru.

a/n: vote for the next chapter!!