chapter twenty two

emma's pov:

"i don't hate you." i said simply.

actually it was the exact opposite.

against all odds and expectations, i love ethan dolan. not in the sibling way with grayson, or the platonic way with hannah, but in the i really would like to bang you and spend the rest of my life next to you, kinda way.

i swallowed the fears that whizzed through my brain and decided to take a fucking chance, just this once.

"i love you too." i admitted.

his eyes widened and crashed his lips against mine.

i stumbled at first, not expecting that. but soon we fell into a rhythm. his hands were planted firmly on my waist and they rubbed the bare skin exposed from my crop top.

i placed my hands on his broad shoulders and slowly let them travel down his toned chest.

he cleared off the counter with his hand from behind me and scooped me up. my butt hit the cold counter and i shuddered.

"um- eth?" i mumbled in between kisses.

his lips left mine with a gentle smack as he waited for me to finish my sentence.

"i'm kinda cold..." i felt dumb for ruining this moment and cringed.

he laughed and shook his head.

"want me to warm you up?" he teased.

"i'm going to go shower." i said quickly. god i'm so dumb sometimes.

"mm i love it. let's go." he said cheekily.

"ok." i agreed, wanting nothing more.

"really? i was kidding but if you want to..." he said while grinning.

"hurry up before i change my mind."

i hopped off the counter and ran upstairs. he chased me to the bathroom and closed the door behind himself. he then locked it, thank god.

i don't know what i would do if grayson walked in on us. how would i even explain this?

i raised my arms above my head while he peeled off my tank top. i shimmied out of my shorts after he unhooked the button.

he began placing sloppy kissing on my neck, trailing down my stomach and then down to my thighs as the shower warmed up.

"is this okay? are you sure you want to do this?" he asked.

i sighed and lifted his face up so it was level with mine.

"promise not to laugh?" i questioned seriously.

"promise." he said, his features softening. he locked his pinky with mine and lightly smiled.

"we don't have to have sex you know, if you're uncomfortable." he stated.

"really? are you sure?" i asked nervously. would he leave me if i didn't do this?

"i didn't say i love you so i could fuck you em. i said i love you, because i respect you and what you want."

my heart just fucking melted.

"okay, well i don't want to. just wanna shower." i said, cowering slightly. i was still afraid that he would leave me over this. or worse mock me for it. because i'm a fucking virgin and i know for a fact he isn't.

"okay." he whispered while pecking my forehead.

we both stripped and stepped into the shower. my back was pressed flush against his stomach while he worked shampoo into my hair. he massaged my scalp and placed kisses on my neck.

he spun me around to capture my lips in his. the water trickled down our faces as we kissed.

i started to massage shampoo into his hair. i had to stand on my tiptoes to reach his head, but it still worked and i could tell he was loving this attention.

"you smell good." ethan whispered after we were out of the shower and wrapped in towels.

"thanks E." i said, smiling giddily.

"have i ever told you that i love you?"

"i don't know? maybe you just have to say it again to refresh my memory." i teased.

"i fucking love you." ethan stated.

then we heard a car pull into the driveway. next we heard the dreaded slam of the car door and the booming voices of grayson and hannah.

i gave ethan one last peck on his swollen lips and dashed out of the bathroom. he followed in suit and ran back to his room, his clothes in hand.

i went into my guest bedroom at the dolan's and hastily slipped on fresh clothes. i tried to mess up my bed a little, to make it seem as if i had been lounging around for awhile instead of in the shower with ethan.

"hey em!" hannah called as she walked into my room.

"whatcha doin?" grayson asked happily.

"nothing much." i replied, lying to my best friend for the first time.

a/n: vote for the next chapter!