Chapter 25

Kane took a good look of his surroundings. The undead swarmed the city, lashing at the living with their whips, forcing them to do their bidding. Kane was unsure as to what they were doing, forcing the living to move some sort of objects. Kane crept along, as Senyela followed. Kane knew that Senyela was nowhere as stealthy as him, so he took the easiest roots he could find. His years of stealth training had trained him for such times. Kane could hear the wait of Senyela's foot against the ground as she walked, the heavy steel armor she wore, weighing her down.

Kane gripped Ithelegon, slowly sliding the blade out of its sheath. He didn't want to disturb the dead; such acts would bring lethal injury, if not certain death, but this time it was unavoidable. He held the blade in his hand, ready to attack the zombie like man in front of him. He hid behind a house, and in-between the next place of cover laid his undead friend. Kane moved quickly and with perfect silence, slamming the blade through the undead guard's heart, his blade killing any undead upon skin contact, kill the monster in seconds without noise. He took in a deep breath, the real test of his blade appearing in such a moment. It would take very little for Kane to kill any undead as long as Ithelegon was in his hands.

Prince Cethin sat in his newly found throne, the throne he deserved after the years of enduring the torture of the armor he still wore. His claymore rested against the floor and his shoulder. He sat up; he couldn't stand to sit. He decided to past the room as the throne room's door opened. There stood the two runts, bugs; he had to deal with in two previous occasions. He tilted his head, as he gripped the back of his throne.

"You come for me again?" The iron figure asked.

"It's over Von, I don't know your end game, or why you enslaved the people. All I know is that it's time for you to die." Kane replied, the blue tinted metal blade pointed at Prince Cethin.

"I am Prince Cethin, and you shall address me as such. If you really came for revenge, then you will be disappointed as much as our last encounters, you can't kill me."

"We will see, now won't we, Prince Cethin." Kane replied, as Senyela drew her bow.

What they didn't realize was that Prince Cethin himself was undead, and in their last encounter his eye had been healed from Senyela's arrow. He had been smart enough not to let them know, every surprise you had on the enemy was an advantage, every soldier knew that and so did every king. Beyond his impervious armor, he was undead, and could only be killed by a quick decapitation. He was more of a zombie than a man.

Prince Cethin drew his claymore, and walked towards the man and woman. Kane watched as the knight raised his arms into the air, in pity and pride. He assumed he couldn't be killed, and this was where he was wrong. Kane slashed his sword across the magical armor, the blade creating a huge gash in the armor, slashing at the Iron Knight's abdomen. The knight fell to the ground in pain as the sword left him in pain.

"What is that?" Prince Cethin yelled in pain.

"Ithelegon,"

Kane went for another blow, but the claymore of the Prince Cethin caught his blade. Senyela let an arrow loose, hitting the man square in the eye. The knight gripped at his eye, losing his strength long enough for Kane to deliver a blow. The sword came down, chopping off Prince Cethin's arm. The Magical armor falling with his grey flesh to the floor, showed no sign of humanity. The claymore came back around, slashing at Kane. Kane leaped to the side, dodging the blade as he slashed the sword through the iron suit of armor. The man's torso fell in half, as his body was cut in to two. The giant claymore hit the ground of the palace floor, the Iron Knight no more.

Clapping was sounded from the distance as a venomous voice rang in the background, "Impressive, I might add."

Kane pointed Ithelegon towards the shadowy figure, "and you are?"

"The Crimson King, I would ask thee to bow, but know someone like ye would rather die and ye are of no use to me dead."

"You say that as if you have control over me!" Kane replied.

Senyela drew her bow, pointing the arrow towards the Crimson King.

"Young Yalin, such a beautiful woman, she has become. Trust me I have power beyond comprehension of dirt like you."

"We'll just see about that." Kane replied, anger mustering in his voice, "I will kill you, if you touch a hair on Yalin."

"As protective as a mother bear over her cubs, how, amusing," The shadowy figure taunted.

Kane gripped the hilt of Ithelegon tighter, as his lonesome face showed anger.

"Not much to say?" the Crimson King smiled, "What a disappointment."

"You better walk away before I take your tongue out of your mouth!" Kane replied bitterly.

"You dare test me? You are nothing to me, nothing." The Crimson king announced, snapping his fingers.

No sooner was the noise of his snap heard that Senyela disappeared. The woman blinked as she let her arrow loose as it hit a nearby tree. She heard noise behind her as she saw a tall tanned man carried things she had never seen before. He seemed to be two sizes to wide, with his bulky build; he had nicely groomed hair, spiked in a Mohawk. His body treaded quit lightly for such a heavy set man.

"Hold your fire men." Abel said, starring at the lovely armored woman.

Senyela turned completely around; aiming her bow at them, as Abel smirked, holding up his hand. He had charmed a few women back in his day, and knew he could pull information out of her about the city. This would be a piece of cake.

"Where did you take her?" Kane roared.

"Ah, things are much more real now, aren't they? What is your name, young warrior?" The Crimson king asked.

"Kane Reuben. And it will be the last name you hear!" Kane yelled rushing with his blade towards the Crimson king.

It was too late; he had disappeared before Kane's eyes, as his blade hit the mist he left behind. There was no sign of him, and with a broken and fractured kingdom in chaos, this world had become a horror show. Kane kicked the throne room's door open, full of rage as he walked down the street towards the army of undead.

"Come at me!" Kane whispered, as the thunder was heard in the background.