Chapter 21

The Iron knight looked at the walls, as the guards ran towards his position. He stepped forward with a sure movement, his claymore resting on his soldiers, as five men fire arrows from afar. The heads and shafts splintered and bounced off his armor as he smiled under his armor. This would be a long battle perhaps three days, if this went down as he thought it would. Ten men ran forward, reading a ballista on top the wall. The arrow flew down towards the knight but the giant iron figure took a small step to the left, barely dodging the arrow in the air.

Men ran forward with spears and swords as the knight continued forward. The men charged with weapons coming towards the figure, as he swung his claymore back. When the men had come into range, the two massive arms swung back, chopping through their armor, and into their torsos. Another arrow flew out, hitting the knight's forehead, as he thrust his blade through a fallen man. The knight was only yards away from the wall now, blade dragging against the dirt as he walked forward.

It was inevitable for these men to fight, an immortal being. The knight wasn't backing down as he slashed at the incoming soldiers one by one. He forced his claymore through one's legs, dropping him to his knees for decapitation. The swift movement was followed by another knight's side being hacked into, by the giant sword. The king's guard slashed and hacked at the invisible armor, trying to chip away at it. The guard fought like lions among a bear.

The sheer numbers started to overwhelm even the Iron Knight. However, in the end it was to no avail, the knight continued to plow through the men, eventually making it to the gate. He gripped the iron gate, as a battle axe slammed against his back. He turned around swiftly his sword slashing midway through his enemies' head. The knight took his stand, slashing and hacking at the knight as they ran down the stairs to his left.

The Iron knight kicked forward knocking a soldier back into his allies' body. The soldier's behind them stumbled forward, and met a swift end to the knight's sword. The Iron knight kept moving forward, up the stone stairs, fighting both sides as he slowly gained each hard earned step. The claymore he carried had limited use in the stair way, as he hacked and stabbed. A man rushed forward, as the knight grabbed his head and slammed it against the stone hall way wall. The soldier fell unconscious, as the knight slammed his head into another man's skull.

The soldier's learned soon that there was no way to kill such a man, and that they were doomed. The Iron Knight forced his way through the men, finally making it to the top of the stair well, where the wall opened up. The men came from all sides, as the knight tossed some off the wall, and others down the stairs. The claymore once again was free for more lethal attacks, as the knight decapitated another soldier.

Church bells rang and a horn was sound, as the alarm was sent throughout the city. The Iron Knight smiled, this wasn't as tedious as he had thought. More men ran atop the walls to meet him, as he gave a giant swipe, slashing men in half, with his claymore. He walked forward to the wall, stepping atop a dying man's head, as he yelled to the citizens below.

"I come for your king! I will slay any in my way! I come for revenge, deliver the man you praise before me now!" The Iron Knight bellowed with his poisonous and deep voice.

The whole city had been alarmed when the knight stepped forward, leaping off the wall onto the street. The stones crumbling before his mass, as his fist slammed down, the man on one knee. In his other hand, he held his claymore as he walked forward, following the once familiar road to his cousin's palace.

Men, women and children coward before the Iron Knight as he walked through their city, the king's knights charge at their opponent. The Iron Knight gave little tolerance to attempt to defend the city, as he fought them. He tossed one to the side, slashing at another as he parried the attack. In a fluent motion they attacked back, but the Iron Knight took the blows and kicked one into a nearby house. He moved his sword elegantly, taking the head of one of the loyal knights.