Chapter 23

Kane looked at the blade they had forged in the last three days. It shimmered with a blue tint to the metal. He had melt down his butcher's blade and fused it with dragon's blood and steel. His blade was not only stronger than a dragon's bane, but it was, according to the wizard, very effective against the undead. When Kane had asked the wizard about the undead, the wizard simply replied with a confusing and cryptic answer about necromancers. Kane swung the blade in the air, perfectly balanced, and lighter than most substances. The double edge of the blade gave the perfect usability.

"What will you call such a blade?" The colossus asked from behind the man.

"What should such a blade be called?" Kane replied.

"The Hammer of God, for this is the lord of swords."

"I think Ithelegon, should be its name."

"I have never heard such a name, does it have a meaning?" The colossus asked.

"It does, ithel, mean's lord, and egon is the edge of a blade, or in other words, the sword's name is lord sword."

"Oh! A man of many tongues," The colossus said surprised.

"I must say this sword is rather special, amazing now that it has been finished. May I ask what this rune carved into the hilt means?" Kane inquired.

"The wizard asked me to place it there, it restores the blade's condition if it is chipped or broken, though I doubt anything can break such a metal. I could barely melt the metal you gave me with the help of wizard's fire, it certainly is the finest metal I have worked with, where is it found?"

"It's not from this world." Kane replied.

"Did you collect such metal from the gods?"

"Not quite, but it came from the sky."

"From a meteor, "The colossus asked.

"Yes, preciously, Kluebbian," Kane replied.

The colossus laughed, wishing he had more of the metal to work with; it was after all, his favorite hobby. He was always at his forge when he could be; it was the cyclops in him. Cyclopes lived for the forge, to create weapons and armor. They loved fire, and where what Kane considered pyromaniacs.

"Are we ready to leave?" Senyela asked, throwing her bow over her shoulder.

Kane glanced back at the fair woman, her brown hair braided as always, "I suppose."

"We should be leaving as soon as possible, Von is still out there in the world, and I suppose he is after the king, after figuring out he can't get to me." The wizard Yaguil announced.

"Then what are we waiting for?" Kluebbian shouted with vigor.

"No, I'm afraid this mission is not for you my friend." The wizard said, holding his staff in hand.

Kane grabbed onto Ember's saddle, swinging his body over the horses back. He glanced at the rest of the party, taking Senyela's hand to help her onto his horse. The woman rapped her arms around the man's wounded abdomen, trying not to apply pressure.

"Yalin, stay with Yaguil. I know you have a history with your teacher, but remember that she will most likely venture to danger. She knows this as well, and we both decided it would be better for you to stay with the wizard at this point and time. I'll be back." Kane replied seriously.

Ellixa nodded with approval from Kane's message. She had to venture to danger, and she had discussed such things with Kane over the last three days. She knew the man had become some sort of a father figure to the young woman guiding her through her challenges. He had been the second but only man to have helped her in a way only a father could. Yalin's true father never gave such interest in her life the way Kane did.