Chapter 9

The rusted iron armor shifted, as the trapped man walked through the heat of the sun's rays. His name was lost in history, but his actions would be unforgettable. He held his cruel claymore over his shoulder, always caring it in his hands. His body didn't even sweat, nor could it, because of the lack of water in his system. The Iron Knight had become quit used to the deadly heat, knowing in the end, it couldn't kill him either, he was immortal.

The plan field he walked in was teaming in life, as triceratops ate at the grass, and bunnies crawled into their wholes. The sky above let its clouds above move through, clearing a path for the cursed sun's rays. Even such a lovely day, with a strong breeze couldn't be enjoyed by the iron figure. It was his curse to carry forever, until the ends of the earth, or end of his breaths. The dirt road he walked on now was simple the way to vengeance.

Three guardsmen out in the distance spotted him a way off. They were held up in broken down ruins of a fort, most likely trying to restore it, or for scouting purposes. They began firing arrows at the armored figure. The arrows, hit his armor, most deflecting and the rest getting tangled. The guard were surprised when the man walked his way towards them, no arrow fired being helpful. As the men fidgeted in the distance, six more silhouettes appeared into the Iron Knight's vision. The arrows now fired more frequently, against his armor. The man inside the shell felt nothing from his attacks blows, smiling with amusement. He had just gotten bored a moment ago; it was about time for some action.

Holding his claymore in one hand he charged forward, sprinting towards his foes. The arrows took a small break once they noticed the man wasn't slowing down. And in shock, they failed to act in time, three pulling out their swords, as the knight was feet away. Entering the ruins through an arc in the structure, a sword slammed against the knight's rusted armor. Under his helmet he smiled, gripping his claymore with two hands.

The Knight was called to action, slashing through the first guard's abdomen, his torso falling in two. The next hurried knight came rushing down the stair too hastily, getting decapitated by his enemy's cruel claymore. The last one, held his shield high, as the other six guards rained arrows down on him. The Iron Knight gave a quick rush pulling the man's shield down to his hips, before his head butt. The force of the blow, made the knight's nose break and his helmet fly off his face. Unable to move, the guard tumbled to the stairs, dazed. The Iron Knight continued his act of violence, walking up the stairs with his claymore at his side. The six men knew at this point that their bows were useless, pulling out their swords.

The fear could be seen in their eyes. They had heard the Iron Knight stories, but hadn't actually believed him to be invulnerable. Now they fought for their lives against the knight. His rustic armor, impenetrable, and his cruel claymore ready to kill, the knight stood tightening his grip on his weapon as the other's starred at him. In his armor he seemed to tower over them like ants. He was six feet and two inches, before he had been damned to wear the iron cage.

The knight took a step, forward, smashing his foot against a guard's, before thrusting his claymore into his heart. In one smooth motion, the Iron Knight retrieved his weapon, swinging it into the next fighter, who blocked it with his shield. The force of the blow knocked him back, letting his guard down. The group of men all started attack, hacking and slashing at their common enemy. All the attacks were repelled by the cursed armor, as the Iron Knight slammed his sword's hilt into a knight's groan. More barrages of attacks hit the knight, staggering the six foot tall man in side. Suddenly the Iron Knight's hand reached out, catching a man's face as he squeezed. The man's eyes bulged, as the other guards attacked the knight's arm. The knight let go of the man, slamming his elbow into another's face, before slashing his claymore across another's face. The face was cut into two, as the blade swept up from the floor, cutting a man in half.

The other guards looked in awe, as the knight started to fight harder than before, dodging repelling and countering their attacks. The claymore went through one's torso, as the knight lifted him of the ground with the blow. He slammed his head into a guard behind him, as he kicked the dead guard's body to retrieve his blade. The rain of blows kept coming across his armor, as he fought back killing the remand three, in minimal actions.

As the knight walked down the stairs he glanced at the guard with a broken nose. He let the man choke out a few words, as he swallowed his blood.

"Please," the man begged, "I have a wife and kids."

"I had a wife and kids." The knight replied, thrusting his blade into the man's stomach.

The claymore went back on top the knight's shoulder as he continued his path to his destination.