Chapter 11

It had been three days sense Kane had left, and it already seemed so much emptier to her. She glanced at her white and sky blue robes. She wore this attire every day when she went back for training, if not for Kane's persuasive and demanding argument, she would probably be with the rest of her class mates. She knew the basic healing spell like most priestess there, her current rank according to her master, Lady Unix, she was at cleric level in less than three days of training. Her master continued to explain that Yalin had a natural knack for these things, praising her for her magical power. Yalin told her that it was simply her practice, but her teacher said she knew better.

Yalin was just finally glad it was Sunday; she didn't have to come to the Chapel today, unless she wished to worship the Goddess Uphena. Yalin had come to believe in the magical powers but still had her doubts about the Goddess. She still found it hard that Kane had spoken to Delega, though he wasn't any sort of god, according to Yalin's text book, he was a powerful spirit, mentioned in a brief paragraph.

Eliba starred down at the thick wall her band of warriors walking towards the guardsmen.

"Eliba, I assure you, his last set of foot prints a mile off, point this direction, and its closest refuge for miles, if he's any were he's here." Galivan spoke up.

"Your names' and business." The guard spoke up.

"Eliba, and Galivan, and our band of Warriors, we seek a night at the inn." Eliba announced.

"Alright, let them in!" the guard said.

The band of warriors walked into the village, pauldrons over their shoulders. Their armor underneath their orange coats was a light Kevlar breast plate over black chainmail. The marry group started their search for Kane Reuben, Eliba giving orders for them to search. It was hours later when Eliba found out that Yalin had worked at the Chapel of Uphena, waiting for their group to meet at the tavern that night.

"I found a lead men." Eliba announced.

"As did we," The twins announced.

"Share with the group," Eliba commanded.

"We heard that the last group to enter the city was a group of nights going on a hunt with Baron Ile, who had given a house to a knew man named Vance Alston, with his sister." The twins said, half witted.

"You fools, ye have no lead!" Galivan shouted.

"I found a matching description of Yalin Vibe, the woman works at the Chapel of Uphena, I think it's worth checking out, rather than terrorizing a house of some poor fool." Eliba said.

"I agree, with thee." Galivan replied.

The twins lowered their heads, as the rest of the group raised their mugs of mead in final agreement.

"Then we set out first thing tomorrow men. Bring your swords, if the woman won't talk, then she is of no use." Eliba announced.

Yalin glanced into the dark ceiling above her bed; she couldn't believe that today was yet another day without Kane. She silently hoped that he would return by the time she made it home tonight, but knew it unlikely. She rose out of her bed, to simply put on her chapel clothes. It took the young blonde woman a few minutes to be at the chapel, as she talked to her master, Lady Unix.

"Hello there, again Azura, How did you sleep?" Master Unix asked, smiling at the young lady.

"Very well, Lady Unix; what will we be learning today?" Yalin replied.