Chapter 15

Yalin glanced at the table, looking at the few left over golden coins Kane had left there, in a thin leather bag. It was the last thing she needed to bring. She knew very well she couldn't leave it there; it was all she had, all they had. Yalin seemed to miss the man she now knew as a great friend. It seemed that this was the way she had to go, she needed to learn to take care of herself by herself. Kane was doing everything he could to protect and provide for Yalin, but it seemed counter intuitive, to be leaving her here in the city alone.

Ellixa gripped the ledge around the sink full of water. The mist rose from the puddle of water with in. The mist rose around the gorgeous woman, forming a silhouette of her body. She gazed into the water another face appearing beyond. The old man, smiled as the woman, seeing her through the fountain. He was much older than the woman, haven lived thousands of years. The man's beard was braided, with a peppered grey color. His bald head, held spots at the top, and his big brown eyes seemed to smile along with his mouth. He was a jolly man, but never faltered to humor.

"Well, did she come along?" The man said, with his rosy cheeks.

"Yes, lucky for us. She was quit naive it was a good thing I came to her first, Yaguil." Ellixa commented back.

"Have ye found the cure yet?" The old gentlemen asked.

"Not yet, I'm still looking." Ellixa replied turning her head to the side.

"Well, I've been looking into it recently, and it appears, it may be something incurable to this point." Yaguil replied.

"Well thank you for the research, it saves me some time. What now?" Ellixa replied.

"We make our own cure." The wizard smiled.

"What recourses would you suggest?"

"I'm doing more work on that now; I can't really leave where I am at. As long as you are willing to come to me, I can help you." Yaguil replied.

Ellixa turned her head as a knock sounded at her door.

"I have to go, she's here." Ellixa replied, wiping away the wizard's face from the pool of water, "Come in."

The black door swung open as Yalin entered the hollowed tree. Her green eyes seemed to rush across the room, still trying to find this place as a new home. The lass stepped forward, closing the door behind her, as the fair blonde woman approached her.

"What shall I be learning today?" Yalin inquired.

"You'll be wearing theses." Ellixa replied, motion her hands around her black robe like dress.

"May I ask why?"

"Ye may. Theses robes are made for magical energy, to enhance your magical flow of energy. Of course, you won't be wearing mine, no. You'll have to make your own." Ellixa replied with a smile.

"How am I supposed to do that?"

"With magic of course, I want you to picture in your mind what you would like to wear for your robes, the shape, the size, the color."

"Alright, "Yalin replied with closed eyes.

Ellixa unraveled the cloth beside the wall, and placed it in front of her. The black fabric slowly twisted in the air, folding itself into a combat dress. The sleeves came just below the shoulder, wrapping around the arm. The skirt was slit for mobility, and leggings were formed for warmth. The material, slowly shifted into a more elastic fit, something the hugs the body. A cloth belt rapped around the black material, as it transformed into a turquoise, the color of the Aldiianen Kingdom.

"What a lovely dress." Ellixa replied.

Yalin opened her eyes, "Indeed."

"Would you like to try it on now? I assure you, it's your size."

Yalin smiled as she taped the robe from the air. Slowly the material folded into a nice square, the lass, holding her arms out to catch it. The material wasn't itchy or scratchy to any extent; rather, it was flexible and soft, perfect to the touch.

"It's very special, without my enchantment it protects against small things; it should make you harder to kill. It will absorb minor spells, and a thorn bush." Ellixa joked.

"Thank you, would you give me a minute to put this on?"

"What on?" Ellixa replied snapping her fingers.

Right before Yalin's eyes here clothes had swapped positions, the dress she had imagined instantly around her body. The material hugged her skin, prevent it from being too loose, giving it just the right squeeze. The combat dress matched her coloring perfectly. Ellixa walked over to a black door nearby to the right, opening the room, as Yalin followed.

"I want to see all the spells you have learned." Ellixa said.

"Alright, what should I start with?" Yalin replied.

"Whatever you feel like"

"Um, okay."

Yalin closed her eyes, as she practiced the last thing she had learned forming a blue aurora around her body. Ellixa nodded her head, the spell she had before cast, had increased in power immensely. The young Yalin vibe had quit the talent for the arcane arts, performing as one of the greatest students Ellixa had ever seen. Yalin opened her eyes once more, looking for reassurance,

"Yes, very well, but you have to learn how to do it without closed eyes. There will come a day, when you will have to use your magic for your defense," Ellixa paused, "Well another day, with a much stronger enemy, and you won't be able to close your eyes. Show me another spell you know."

Yalin looked at the ceiling, wondering if she knew any other spells rather than a healing one. She decided to do what she could. She tossed her hand out before her, letting the white light glow around her hand.

"Yes, healing spell, very useful, but did they teach you anything else? Enchanting weapons and armor, fire spells, thunder, ice?"

"No, they saw those spells as an abomination to the goddess Uphena."

"Then we have a lot of work to do, good thing you're a quick learner."

Yalin gave a brief half smile.

"Don't be discouraged you got this, and in no time you'll know some spells like the back of your hand."

"I hope so." Yalin replied.