Chapter 24

Yalin threw her body down on the couch. She was bored. Ellixa had gone to collect herbs, and the wizard, Yaguil, was studying his books of magic. Yalin had heard that they were working one a cure for Ellixa's curse. She knew it was bad, but she truly had no idea to what extent. She had overheard many things; include her teacher in constant pain. Yalin started a small ball of wizard's fire in her palm, watching as the flame danced in her hand. She could make bigger balls of flame, but decided it would be better to keep it in control. She had practiced her magic for the last past week, and rather than playing a few games of chess with Yaguil, life had become rather dull. Practicing magic was the only thing the young woman could really do.

Yalin sighed, as she watched the wizard past back in forth with a book in his hands. Every now and then the old man would shut the book, stroke his beard for a few moments, and then go back to his book. Yalin was almost confused of his thinking order, but decided it was best not to think about it.

The paintings on the wall seemed to stare at her. The stone walls seemed to make everything echo. The wizard's tower was an enclosed area, and Yalin was starting to feel claustrophobic. She started to believe this tower would be the death of her. Her dramatic thoughts were the only thing to really keep her busy or occupied. Yalin was starting to day dreamed, something she didn't have time to do sense she left her world, over half a year ago.

The wizard stroked his beard once more making noises, Yalin knew he was close to something; he only made noises when he was. His constant hum fell into a deep pitch as he began to star thoroughly into the book.

"Ah, young Yalin, I have a lead." The wizard smiled.

"Ah, a lead, something knew?" The venomous voice replied, as the vivid blue eyes starred into the wizard. The black crown and mask shrouding the figures face.

The black shroud, wore a red cape, and read and black armor. His eyes seemed to say more about him than anything else, the unnatural light, forcing all for a longing of who was under the mask. The manly shape, carried no weapon, and confronted the becoming mage and wizard directly.

The wizard shut his book instantly, "Ye are quite brave coming here, lich."

"Such disgust in thine voice, I feel unwelcome! That's no way to treat a guest, is it Yaguil." The shadow figure replied.

"Should I know you?" Yaguil replied with a stern look.

"Yes and no. I'm the Crimson King. I've come to visit thee, to ask thee to join me, before it grows too late."

"I assure you, lich, I will not join you in any cause." The wizard replied.

Yalin was sitting up now, engaged in the conversation, she was ready to cast a spell at a moment's notice, if the occasion called. The Crimson king glanced back at the young woman, and then turned back to the wizard.

"I guess we will meet again than, except next time it will be less friendly. I fear that the next time we meet, we will be in a battle to the death." The Crimson King said.

"Not so fast lich, join you for what?"

"Does it matter, if you rejected my message in the beginning? My purpose is much greater than one may think for an average lich. I don't expect one who is against me, to understand."

"Will you then not answer me?"

"Precisely, now excuse me." The Crimson King answered, fading away in the shadow.

Yalin's eyes were wide open as the wizard let the cursed man leave his tower. She didn't understand the wizard was the strongest in the land, why would he let such an evil force go? She didn't understand.

"Miss Yalin, I think it is time, to secure my tower more thoroughly." Yaguil said.

"Why did you let him go? Don't you know he is just going to cause destruction and anguish?" Yalin replied.

"Because our fight would result in both our deaths, including thine's; He is much stronger than you can imagine. I for one don't want him coming back, we need to fortify the tower."