i. 𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙝𝙖𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙙𝙤 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙮.

┍━━━━━━━━━━┑chapter one

┍━━━━━━━━━━┑
chapter one.
all you had to do was stay.
┕━━━━━━━━━━┙

        One way June found herself blowing off steam was training. She liked the way her muscles tensed and ached with every action, giving her a feeling of something that could make her rest for it to start again in the morning. Other times, she would work on the guard due to Kane's orders. And once in a while, June would join Abby and Jackson in medical, feeling like somehow she was closer to Clarke by spending time with her mother. Clarke being gone for three months had hurt more and more; each day she woke up adding another tally in her head to count them together. June couldn't explain how she felt anymore.

Whether June was angry or hurt by Clarke leaving, she didn't know. But the only thing she knew for sure was that she missed her. She hadn't known what Clarke expected by leaving, did she think that June and Bellamy would just forget everything that happened at Mount Weather? Or did she think by leaving she'd be the only one carrying the weight? Either way, it didn't happen. The amount of nights June had woken up screaming her throat hoarse, she couldn't count. So when it happened again, she joined Lincoln's training class.

Both Lincoln and Bellamy were the ones demonstrating, the men shirtless and covered in layers of sweat on their muscles. June could see they were both about the same size, equally burly, but somehow Lincoln always managed to gain the upper hand. The two were panting, delivering hits to one another with their fists clenched. Lincoln kicked him, hard, in the chest. But as soon as Bellamy hit the ground, he slammed his fist on the mat and stubbornly stood again.

When Lincoln came at him again, Bellamy was prepared. He punched him in the jaw, swinging his leg up and kicking him in his pecs, sending him back. It didn't take long for Lincoln to gain his breath, catching Bellamy's arm and throwing him over his shoulder like he weighed nothing. June blinked a few times, remembering when it was her that had been tossed over Lincoln's shoulder when they were in the Reaper tunnels. She ground her teeth, shaking it off as Lincoln crouched over Bellamy with a fist, showing he could have ended him there.

"He had me," Lincoln announced, standing to face the group observing. "But he was too aggressive."

Stumbling to his feet, Bellamy rolled his eyes with a smile and picked up his shirt to pull on. "Whatever you say."

"Quitting so soon?" Lincoln teased.

"Mapping run. Sector Seven," Bellamy explained. "June, you with me?"

Although June had planned to stay and train with the rest, she sent him a nod. Leaving Arkadia was never her favorite task, but she never had much of a choice. Besides, the fresh air was better than staying inside the space station. "Always," June promised, picking up her hanging jacket off a chair and shoving her arms into the sleeves.

Bellamy nodded back with a warm smile before calling out; "Harper! Let's get this over with."

A guard jacket that Harper had picked up out of a hidden space is flung through the air, landing in Lincoln's arms. He's surprised, turning it over to see the Skaikru symbol stitched into the left sleeve. "I'm Trikru," Lincoln whispered in confusion, looking up to Bellamy.