xviii. 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙘𝙖𝙣 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙜𝙞𝙫𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛 𝙣𝙤𝙬.

┍━━━━━━━━━━┑chapter eighteen

┍━━━━━━━━━━┑
chapter eighteen.
you can forgive yourself now.
┕━━━━━━━━━━┙

        When Monty returned to the control room for the first time all day, he doesn't look June in the eyes. All he mentions is that he saw the rover returning past the broken gate before he's gone again. She can see the pity in Raven's features when her face falls but she ignored it, knowing it's what she deserved after the risk she took, taking Monty away from his mother in the process. June hadn't touched the computer since then, terrified she'd mess something else up for them. She followed Raven out of the control room, appearing in the bay in time to see her friends pile out of the rover.

Relief filled June when she counted them. No one was missing. "Glad you made it back," Monty greeted them.

"We were getting worried," Raven added, limping towards them. Her smile dropped when she did her own headcount and realized that someone was, in fact, missing. "Where's Luna?"

"Luna said no," Octavia delivered the news tightly. She marched around the rover and it's then that June realized that they actually did come back with an extra guest.

A tall man with his wrists bound in front of him stepped out without any assistance. June halted at the sight of him. He has long hair that's pulled back tightly, exposing the white scars decorating his face. His armor covered his muscles, animal fur poking out of it. She's not only intimidated but attempting to pinpoint where she knew him from. It took a few seconds of June thinking so hard that her mind hurt before it clicked. The Ice Nation warrior who held Clarke captive. He had been dirtier then, covered in mud and wearing less armor, but she knows it's him.

The only question is, what the hell is he doing here? June glared in his direction, her brown eyes flickering up and down his stature. There's a blood spot on his shoulder, seeping through his clothing. "And who the hell is this?" She demanded to know.

"He's Ice Nation," Bryan spit out from where he had arrived with his boyfriend and Harper. June could see that by the scars and what he was wearing and was hoping for a name, but she decided to let it go.

"King of the Ice Nation, actually," Clarke corrected. She tilted her head. "And he's our way into Polis."

"This way, your Highness," Bellamy says sarcastically, giving the Ice Nation King a shove. He gestured to Miller and Harper, possibly deciding that Bryan's head was foggy with anger. "You two, on me. We'll take him to lockup," he instructed. The two guards nod and comply, positioning their guns as Bellamy very forcibly guided their prisoner to lockup.

While they leave, Raven seemed to put the pieces of Clake's plan together much quicker than any of them could have. "You want to use him to get to Ontari," she stated.