xvi. 𝙞 𝙝𝙤𝙥𝙚 𝙬𝙚 𝙢𝙚𝙚𝙩 𝙖𝙜𝙖𝙞𝙣.

┍━━━━━━━━━━┑chapter sixteen

┍━━━━━━━━━━┑
chapter sixteen.
i hope we meet again.
┕━━━━━━━━━━┙

        When June starts to wake up, the first thing she feels is the back of her head is aching. A low groan of pain fell from her lips. Her muscles were stiff, due to the awkward position of her arms crossed behind her back in the sitting position she's in. She tried to shift upward and pull at her arms, only to feel metal cuffs dig into her wrists. June was much more awake now when she realized the trouble she was in and let her eyes flutter open. Her vision is blurry, and she has to blink a few times to clear it, but her heart starts to sink in her chest in horror when her gaze lands on the scene.

The jacket June was once wearing was stripped. She was only in an army green tank top that was sticking to her sweaty skin. She's propped up against the wall of the airlock chamber, surrounded by her friends in the same state. Her eyes land on Raven first, her face flushing when she filled with fury, and then Jasper, who was seated on the other side of her. Their eyes are wide and terrified, gags in their mouths prevent them from speaking. She didn't have one. June parted her lips, about to speak, only to be stopped when heavy footsteps thud into the chamber, and Carl Emerson entered. He's covered in drying blood.

Octavia makes a noise of disgust from where she's hanging by her wrists. June glared up at him, her lower lip curling. There's no point in begging for her life. Emerson was as unstable as she was after Mount Weather when he became the last of his people. The only difference was, June wasn't as sick as him. "Why are you doing this to them?" She demanded, attempting to seem brave, but her voice cracking gave her away. "They - they had no part in what happened - "

"Genocide." Emerson is snarling, bending his knees so he can crouch in front of June, who sinks back. "Call it what it is, Thompson. Say what you did to innocent people."

Regret sharply stabbed its way into June's heart. She knows it's just as useless to insist she never wanted to hurt anyone. "They had no part in the genocide," she corrected herself. "Let them go, you can do whatever you want to me," she pleaded, ignoring the noise of protest Raven makes. June doesn't look at her, unable to see the heartbroken expression she knows will be there for her offering her life in the place of there's.

"Here we go again," Emerson droned out, rolling his eyes. He pulled a rag out of his pocket. "It's a nice offer, and I'm tempted, but I'd much rather kill you all."

It's then June realized his intention. He didn't just want to hurt her, Clarke, Bellamy and maybe even Monty. Emerson was going to kill them all and was luring Clarke and Bellamy in. They were the only two of her friends missing. As Emerson brought the cloth around June's head, she snapped, jerking to the side and biting the exposed flesh of his wrist as hard as she can. He makes a pained sound, trying to pull his limb away from June's teeth, only for her to dig harder, his skin left in-between her teeth when he ripped it away.