ii. 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙝𝙚𝙙𝙖 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙖𝙡𝙤𝙣𝙚.

┍━━━━━━━━━━┑chapter two

┍━━━━━━━━━━┑
chapter two.
wanheda was not alone.
┕━━━━━━━━━━┙

Once the trees become closer together and Monty's tracker beeps louder, signaling they're closer to the fallen station, Bellamy decided to finish their mission on foot. June positions her gun at her hip, taking a deep breath before hopping out of the rover after Miller. Her boots meet the cold ground, a white frost crunching as she strolls forward. She doesn't know what she expects when she glances around. June doesn't often leave Arkadia, struggling to get past her emotions tipping over an already full rim. She knows it's because of Mount Weather, but as soon as she thinks of the bunker, she pushes the thought out of her head.

"These woods must be the border," Bellamy announced.

"So, where's all the ice?" Jasper questioned sarcastically once hopping out of the rover.

After tying her horse to a tree, Octavia joins them, on edge. "Much farther north," she answers. "Azgeda stretches for one thousand miles."

Eagerly pushing past them, Monty starts bounding to the woods. "Good thing we only have to go two hundred meters," he adds.

"Wait!" June exclaimed, rushing after him and catching him by the arm. "We're at a border, Monty," she reminds him.

Bellamy nods. "Slow it down," he warns before changing into his leadership tone. "Remember rules of engagement are non-lethal force. Tight formation on my command." He looks over his shoulder. "Raven, you stay in the rover."

Offended, Raven shoots him a scowl as she leaves the driver's side of the rover and joins them. "Yeah, right."

"We need every gun we've got," Octavia informs her brother. June knows she's right. She doesn't know much about the clans, only pieces learned from Lincoln who shares information about the twelve clans he believed could be one. They are well feared, bloodthirsty warriors that are more violent than Trikru. June was glad she's never encountered someone from Azgeda, but she has a hunch they were about to soon if they want to help Farm Station.

A wild beeping comes from Monty's device. "They're coming!" He tells them. "One hundred twenty meters... One hundred ten..." He tries to walk further, only to be stopped by Bellamy, making him frown. "They're our people. What are you doing?"

"We hope they're our people," Bellamy corrected. Octavia reaches to pull out her sword as heavy steps approach, and Bellamy holds up one hand, the other clutching his gun. "On my command."

June can see that Bellamy was right when horses burst through the trees. On their backs are three people who are definitely not their people. They wear armor, animal fur peeking out, and white masks of paint covering their faces along with a black color around their eyes. Bellamy straightens at the sight. "Ice Nation?" He asks in a whisper to his sister.