v. 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙬𝙚 𝙡𝙤𝙨𝙩 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙛𝙞𝙧𝙚.

┍━━━━━━━━━━┑chapter five

┍━━━━━━━━━━┑
chapter five.
what we lost in the fire.
┕━━━━━━━━━━┙

June was the first to protest when Abby wanted to make a run to Mount Weather. She didn't agree with the way her people took personal items from the bunker. Sure, they needed medical supplies, clothing, and other life necessities, but objects that belonged to people shouldn't have been moved. She had heard from Abby that Jasper, upon seeing so, had a meltdown and attacked an innocent boy playing the piano. June wouldn't have attended the trip if Bellamy hadn't, knowing it was something she couldn't handle alone. She didn't know if she could even with him when she hopped out of the rover, being hit with the fresh air and the sight of the bunker.

It was just like the last time June had seen it. She didn't know what she expected, really. She swallowed thickly, hearing Bellamy call her name from the back of the rover. "June? You okay?" He asks.

"Yeah," June mumbled, forcing herself to look away and join the rest. "Fine." Raven popped open the door, allowing the rest to start unloading supplies. June grabbed a duffel bag, swinging it over her shoulder.

"Hey, did I ever tell you how I saved Sinclair's ass on The Ark?" Raven spoke up, balancing herself by putting her weight on her good leg as she threw a bag's strap over her arm.

Octavia groaned. "Please don't."

"You mean the time you went rogue on a spacewalk?" Gina wondered teasingly.

"That depends on your definition of going rogue," Raven defended, a smile on her face. June hides her own faint smile by ducking her head, letting her blonde hair mostly cover her face at the sight of Raven happy. Her heart still swelled when Raven was grinning, even when it wasn't at her.

The walk inside of the mountain was worse than what June felt when leaving the rover. She felt a chill pass through her, feeling like hundreds of eyes were on her, like the ghost of every person killed was watching her. June's smile dropped as she walked down the hall, taking slow breaths, trying to refrain herself from thinking of anything but that day. June knows that Clarke is at Polis now, according to Abby, where a Summit was being held. She hoped it went better than the first few times they tried to make peace.

"I just hopped on a robotic arm and aimed it at the solar array," Raven continued with her story, her proud voice bouncing off the walls. "The whole time I was out there, the control room thought I was just fixing a loose wire."

Gina laughed. "That is, in fact, the definition of going rogue," she commented. "You dangled yourself within inches of an electrified array hat that could've killed you."

Tuning them out, June looked to Bellamy. His features were wiped clean of any emotion, but his broad shoulders were stiff. She brushed her hand over his upper arm, mustering up enough courage to try and give him a comforting smile that showed she understood. The smile is wiped off of June's face as soon as they enter the mess hall. She's filled with disgust at the sight before them.