iv. 𝙥𝙧𝙞𝙙𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙥𝙧𝙚𝙟𝙪𝙙𝙞𝙘𝙚.

┍━━━━━━━━━━┑chapter four

┍━━━━━━━━━━┑
chapter four.
pride and prejudice.
┕━━━━━━━━━━┙

The dry grass they end up in is long enough to brush up against June's knees. She wasn't going to give up despite her feet aching from the amount of walking, the image of Clarke's face in her mind giving her motivation to go on. She would sometimes find it difficult to remember what Clarke looked like - the image of the teenage girl with blonde hair, blue eyes, and a strong jaw fading, all because She didn't have a clue of what Clarke looked like now. For all June knew, she could be an entirely different person by now. Three months wasn't a long time, but so many things have already changed for her.

"Ask you a question?" June heard Pike question Bellamy. She lifted her head, starting to eavesdrop. "Last report we got on The Ark, you were under attack by grounders. What changed?"

"Turns out we had a common enemy," Bellamy answered. June went stiff, grief weighing down on her. Mount Weather was an enemy, and she'd never argue that, but there were innocent ones inside the mountain. Maya, Vincent, and the children.

June feels sick as Pike nods like he understands. "What happened to them?" He asked next.

"We won," Bellamy responded like it was that simple. June chooses not to comment, aware that he knows it truly wasn't easy. Not when he's heard her screaming herself awake almost every night.

"Quiet," Indra suddenly demands, coming to a stop with her hand up. "Listen."

A silence falls. At first, June is confused, not sure what she was supposed to be hearing. She glanced around their area before it hits her. The sound of drums beating, not too far away from where they stood. "War drums," Kane whispered in realization.

"Azgeda," Indra angrily hisses.

"We're so screwed," June declared in a mumble. War and Ice Nation mixed too well, almost like the clan enjoyed murdering people.

"You can tell it's Ice Nation from the sound?" Monty asked Indra in disbelief.

The grounder shakes her head. "No," she says before nodding to the ground. "From them." June follows her gaze to see two Ice Nation grounders laying on the ground just a few feet from them. They look freshly dead, and it puts June on edge.

"We need to get those bodies off the field unless you're good with them thinking we did this," Pike informs Kane.

Before anyone can make a move, Bellamy quickly stops them. He's been looking around with the scope of his rifle, scanning the field around them. "Wait. Two people at twelve o'clock."

"Huh?" June is puzzled as she lifts her own gun, following Bellamy's direction. She doesn't see anything at first, but then her hands shake when she sees what he's so stunned by.