ix. 𝙡𝙤𝙨𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙢𝙚𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙮 𝙣𝙤𝙬.

┍━━━━━━━━━━┑chapter nine

┍━━━━━━━━━━┑
chapter nine.
losing your memory now.
┕━━━━━━━━━━┙

They don't find Raven until the next day. Actually, it was Raven who had asked Jasper if he could find June to tag along in what help she needed, but the fact that he could look her in the eye and speak was enough for her to brighten and agree. She remained oblivious to what was going on in Bellamy's world for once, choosing to give herself a break and tag along. June followed the giddy mechanic and Jasper into some type of room with scraps of metal and tools that were collecting dust.

It didn't take long for Jasper to look around. "You said there'd be booze."

"I lied," Raven admitted with a wince, making Jasper sigh heavily. "But I brought you here to talk about something you might find even more interesting..." She paused before finishing. "The City of Light."

The name of the City caused June to straighten on alert. "Raven," she said slowly, thinking back to the conversation they had the day before when Abby was checking on her bum leg. "I don't know about this..."

"Don't you trust me?" Raven asked softly, her brown eyes somehow staring straight through June's soul and washes her over with warmth. She melted knowing that she did trust Raven, with her entire life. So June just nods back, willing to do what Raven wants, and she glowed at the action. "So, Jasper," she continued, turning to spread a map on the table behind them. "I hear you have experience breaking into offices of elected officials."

The words made June softly snort to herself. She wants to say Jasper wasn't the only one, remembering when she and Wells broke into his father's office to hack into his computer. With the memory too painful, she doesn't mention it as Jasper agreed. "That I do." He glanced down at the map. "Pike's office. Chipmaker?" He guessed.

Raven nodded. "You'll need to distract the guards," she explained. "They know I'm with Jaha, and they know June wouldn't break the guard's protocol, but they think that you're just a..." She suddenly stopped mid-sentence.

"Drunken idiot," Jasper finished for her dully. "I know." June frowned, fighting the urge to rest her hand on his shoulder or wrap an arm around him in comfort, knowing she'd only be rejected and shoved away.

"For what it's worth, I think you're more than that," Raven told him gently, causing Jasper faintly smile. She pointed to a point at the left of the map. "If we're lucky enough to get to the door, Pike's changed his access code, five-digit numeric."

Snorting, Jasper turned away. "That's gonna have, like, a trillion different combinations," he said in disappointment.

"A hundred million, but yeah," Raven corrected.

"Who is gonna figure that out?" Jasper questioned. A pause rose as his eyes flickered to June, whose hands held up in defense.

"Don't look at me," June said. "I work with computers, not locks to doors."