x. 𝙙𝙧𝙤𝙥 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙨𝙚 𝙬𝙚𝙖𝙥𝙤𝙣𝙨 𝙣𝙤𝙬.

┍━━━━━━━━━━┑chapter ten

┍━━━━━━━━━━┑
chapter ten.
drop these weapons now.
┕━━━━━━━━━━┙

"That doesn't seem possible."

A heavy sigh came from June as she hung her head in her hands. She had spent what felt like hours, maybe years, trying to explain to Jackson what happened to Raven the day before. She started at the beginning, the full story, with her and Raven listening to Jaha's story about a chip that takes away pain and brings you to the City of Light. Then how the frantic girl was screeching that it took all of her memories, and she couldn't remember Finn or what happened between her and June. Jackson's reaction was fair. June sounded crazy, and she knew it. If she hadn't experienced it for herself, she wouldn't believe it either.

"I know," June mumbled. "I don't know how else to explain it." She was so frustrated that she could cry. She hasn't seen Raven in what felt like a year, wanting to comply with her wishes to be left alone. June didn't even know if she was okay or not and it was eating at her.

It was quiet between June and Jackson in Arkadia's medical station, with the sick grounders in lock-up still. Her mind was drowning in all of its struggles. Raven wasn't safe, neither was her friend, Lincoln. She didn't know what to do, especially when Jackson was staring at her like she sprouted another head. "So this chip," he began, a bit awkwardly now. "You're saying that you swallow it, and then it... Eliminates pain?"

"Yeah." June sighed again, lifting her head up. "But she doesn't remember anything that was painful for her. I wouldn't believe it either, but I know her. She isn't lying. She's terrified." June was well-aware she sounded dramatic with her emphasizing her words, but she can't help expressing her fear.

Yet, Jackson nods, even if he doesn't understand. "How about you calm down and take a breath," he suggested carefully as if he was walking on eggshells around June. "If Abby is taking this as serious as you say, I will too. I'll talk to Jaha myself. See if there's anything more to it than the tests Abby did," he offered gently.

Although Jackson had every reason to believe June had lost her mind, he only gave her kind words that made her weakly smile. "Thank you," she responded, genuinely touched.

The doors to medical slid open and Abby herself walked in, causing their conversation to be halted. Abby strolled in, an urgent expression on her face that she was doing her best to mask as she approached the desk that the air sat at. "June," she greeted. "I could use your help. I got a call from Chancellor Pike about two guards falling."

"Really?" June said slowly. "That doesn't sound suspicious at all." Then she shook her head. "I can't. I'm worried about Raven and the chip, I think - "

"Now, please," Abby interrupted, more demanding than before.

June feels small at the commanding tone thrown at her by the older woman, and can't stop herself from caving. She swiped up two small, portable First-Aid kits, handing one to Abby. "Thanks again, Jackson," she said to the assistant, genuine and grateful that he had sat and listened, and even offered to talk to Jaha himself when seeing June was that worried about the mechanic she loved. As they leave, June noticed that Abby was moving much more fast than normal and picked up the pace to match hers. "What are we even doing?" She questioned quickly.