Chapter 1: A new me, avenge me

"..... Fei Yun... I'm sorry... I did not want to betray you like this.... I'm sorry ... I'm sorry... I love him, this was my only choice..."

As the cries of her best friend grew more hysterical, Xue Fei Yun's consciousness slowly faded.. a streak of tear fell from the side as she lay on the floor unmoving. Darkness clouded her visions and in her memories she saw her 'father' who adopted her and raised her from nothing into the feared leader of the underworld.

"So this is what death feels like... The saying is true, life flashes before your eyes when faced with death. "

Her lips curved upwards ever so slightly as she watched the memories flashing pass. Slowly she started seeing memories she didn't remember, they were ancient... A sweet spring voice spoke to her.,

" 'Me' from another world... Avenge me... I could only do so much... Aven-....."  The voice left just as quickly as it came. In the silence , Fei Yun watched as this stranger's vision played before her.

The memories of the previous body's owner showed her the suffering she went through. 

As the daughter of the ill-treated Princess Fei Yue who married into the General Xue's home and passed away giving birth to her. He had told her that he loved his mother but after half a year of her mother's passing, he married  Xia Chen Yu who finally birth to twins , Qi Qi and Zhen Zhen. 

After which he went to fight the war against the north for the last 3 years,  concubine Xia took the opportunity to dispose of feiyun so she could let her daughters become the legitimate daughters of the Xue family and marry one of her daughter to the crown prince, Xing Ruo Feng.

in the memories, although it played fast, she saw that the previous owner's tragedy started with moving from the luxury Orchid pavilion where her mother once stayed to the abandoned Willow pavilion at the very deep part of the estate.  There was no maids or helpers left for Fei Yun and the place was in such a bad condition even pigs won't stay. 

Once she was alone, the torture then increased. From the food she ate to the bed she slept on. Everything was worse than a beggars.

Things escalated to poisoning her and then  abusing her physically and mentally. her sisters, Qi Qi and Zhen Zhen also took joy in watching her suffer and because Fei Yun inherited her mother's peerless beauty, the twins chose to disfigure her face with a long scar across her beautiful left eye and then cripple both her legs, leaving her to hopefully bleed out and die without ever getting help. 

When the memories started to fade to black, Fei Yun could feel everything the previous owner felt just before death, pain, anger, and fear.

her butterfly eyes fluttered open and she felt the excruciating pain across her eyes and down her legs.  her eyes scanned the area and found that she was in another world.

She struggled to her elbows, looking at her reflection on the puddle of blood, in the candle light, she saw, covered in fresh blood a peerless beauty staring back at her. Eyes that were black and round with depts that were  enigmatic , a sharp nose and high cheekbones. But this was destroyed by the gash that ran across her left eye from the corner of her right forehead  down to just about the edge of her left eye was a deep gash.

Fei Yun smiled to herself, looking at what they did to her, they really thought she would be dead just from this?

Naive.

In her past life, Xue Fei Yun was the genius number one King of the underworld, her enemies shook in fear at her name,calling her a demoness. She was after all a cold blooded killer.  After she took over her father's position in the underworld, 1 year was all it took her, she brought a whole new level of  "Fear"  to the underworld organisations, rising to the top. Be it her peerless beauty, assassination, medicine, politics, martial arts, money, there was no one better than her.