Accept Me (Kol) Part Three

You knew you should be content, it was a nice day, there was a soft cooling breeze and birds were chirping. A beat of some of New Orleans constant music thudded in the background but as Vanessa swung your hands back and forth all you felt was paranoia.

You were petrified of your family members who didn't know about your sexuality finding out. You imagined all the ways that Kol could just appear from around the corner, or how Elijah could sneak around and get you from behind. And little Hope...how she would just be coming to see you and suddenly be disgusted and confused.

Vanessa didn't seem to notice your bad mood, you walked her up to her family's apartment and she gave you uneasy smile. Oh no, this was getting awkward.

"This was..nice," You tried out, your heart fluttering, "Maybe we can do it again sometime."

"Honestly..." Vanessa looked down, she looked guilty, "This was just an experiment, to see if I like girls...And I don't."

Your heart pulled itself to a stop, "oh."

"Yeah, I'm sorry," She said and quickly ran into her apartment building.

You managed to stumble down the street to a bench before it finally kicked in. Your heart shattered with the pain of rejection, you sat down trying to the control the tears that had begun to water over your eyes.

You'd only just stepped into the murky waters of this scary new world and you were already drowning. You couldn't halt your loud sobs and nobody bothered to help, this was New Orleans, it was very often some emotional drunk got hammered and ended up on the side of the road balling their eyes out.

"Y/n? Is that you?"

You didn't bother to look up, you knew who it was, your Uncle Kol. You and Kol had always acted more like siblings than uncle/niece and it was better that way. He was your best friend, honestly, he was probably the first person you should've told about your sexuality. But you'd been so scared that the one person who understand your weirdness and personality to a tee and mirrored it was going to just pick up and leave.

"Y/n!!!" He slid down next to you, pulling you into his arms, "What on Earth happened to you! You look awful!!"

You looked up and chuckled through your tears, "Thanks."

"Always here to compliment you, Darling," He muttered quickly, looking concerned, "Who did this?"

"Why are you even here?" You asked, trying again to control your tears, "We're you following me!!"

"No, it can wait but I was actually...going to see a girl," Kol said.

"Been there done that," You spat, turning away, "And if think I look awful the date went worse."

"It was a boy!" His eyes flared up, he stood up and started looking up and down the street, "Where is he? I'll kill him? Just tell me which one it is."

"She," You said quietly.

You looked down, waiting for Kol to make a comment.

"I kill her then."

You looked up in shock, "Kol! You can't do that...she's a girl!"

"Darling, I'm far from Elijah and his feminism but I am modern enough to treat men and women the same," Kol rolled his eyes, "I'll kill a girl who hurt you just the same as I would kill a boy who hurt you."

Suddenly, your Uncle looked confused and conflicted, "Actually women don't have the appropriate...body parts for what I'd do to a man that hurt you but if still put them threw equal pain."

You didn't know what to say to that.