Chapter 36

After spending the morning being spoilt with breakfast in bed and then lunch with her parents Chloe was now in her shared bedroom with Beca, getting ready for their meal out that evening. She'd be doing her hair in the mirror as Beca would be finishing off getting ready. "Becs, we don't have to rush around.. We still have ages until our reservation", she'd smirk as she'd watch the brunette rush around the room, looking for her leather jacket.

"I know I know", she'd smile a little, "You seen my jacket anywhere?"

"Think it's downstairs baby", she'd look back at her reflection, concentrating on curling the ends of her hair.

"You look beautiful", Beca would put her hands on Chloe's shoulders, leaning down to kiss her on the cheek.

"I'm sat in a towel", Chloe would raise an eyebrow and smirk as she'd look up at Beca who'd be smiling.

"You always look beautiful", she'd wink and lean down to kiss her on the lips this time.

Chloe would still feel confused as she'd turn in her seat, watching Beca walk out of the room now and then listening to her footsteps going down the stairs.

Soon as Beca would make it downstairs, she'd very quietly open the door, putting a finger up to her lips as she'd let in Jesse and Aubrey who were followed by some of Chloe's new colleagues from school. She'd take the gift bags from them, before pointing in the direction of the back garden, whispering to Jesse. "There's a cooler out their for drinks, but then get everyone back waiting in here", she'd quickly look to the top of the stairs making sure Chloe couldn't hear them.

Jesse would give her a thumbs up before leading the group of people to where they can place their drinks. Aubrey would walk over to Beca, putting a hand on her shoulder, "Nervous?", she'd whisper.

"Uhh.. yeah", she'd chuckle a little, wringing her hands together as she'd watch Jesse walk back in with them again.

"It's going to be perfect", Aubrey would smile and wink as Jesse would now stand next to her. "I'll stand outside and let people in quietly and Jesse will take them to put their drinks and presents down", she'd put her hand on Jesse's chest who was smiling.

"Thank you guys so much", she'd smile and hug them both quickly before walking off to check on Bailey who was in the kitchen.

Half an hour later, Beca would be helping the last crowd of people into her house, taking their coats from them as she'd say hello to them all. "Beca?!", Chloe would shout from upstairs.

Beca would freeze from where she was holding onto the coats, looking around the room to see everyone staring back at her staying silent. "Uhh.. yeah babe?", she'd hand the coats to Ben who was stood next to her.

"Can you come here a second?", she'd shout down again.

"Yeah, of course", she'd shout up to her. "Okay, I'm gonna bring her down so get ready to shout surprise", she'd whisper to them all who'd give her nods of the head or a thumbs up back at her. Beca would climb the stairs taking one last glance down at everyone waiting at the bottom before walking down the hallway to their bedroom. "You alright Chlo?", she'd walk inside, going wide eyed and stopping as soon as she'd see Chloe.

Chloe would smooth down the short red dress which stopped just below her knees, hugging to her figure. The top of the dress across her chest would be all lace, her cleavage showing just enough to be seen. She'd bite down on her lip slightly, as she'd feel Beca eyes gaze over her while walking towards her. "Does this dress look okay?"

"What kind of question is that", Beca would laugh and shake her head as she'd look up into the redhead's blue eyes.

"You always know how to make a girl smile Mitchell"