Chapter 10

The next day Beca would be pacing back and forth in front of the front door of her apartment. She had received a text from Chloe saying she was on her way over and had just buzzed her in from downstairs, now waiting for her to knock on the door. Thinking about what could happen Beca would be biting her lip and staring at the floor, trying to think of all the different possibilities.

Maybe she's come over to tell me she's dumped Tom and wants to be with me instead?

"Yeah right", she'd mumble to herself putting a hand through her hair and sighing. Just as she was about to walk away from the front door a knock would be heard. Taking a big deep breath Beca would open the door revealing Chloe stood there with an small smile on her face holding on to her phone in one hand and her keys in the other. "Hey, uh- come in", Beca would step to the side letting Chloe walk in and would swear to herself for making it obvious that she was nervous.

"Thanks", Chloe would walk in and head over to the sofa taking a seat and making herself comfortable.

"Uh- do you want a drink or anything?", Beca would fumble around in the kitchen trying to prolong the conversation for as long as possible.

"No I'm fine thanks", Chloe would turn around watching Beca and would smile to herself. "Becs would you just come and sit down already?"

Looking up and stopping what she was doing Beca would nod her head, "Yeah sure". She'd walk around the breakfast bar heading over and sitting on the other end of the same sofa. "Did you have a good rest of your birthday with your parents and uh- Tom?", Beca would try and relax leaning back on the sofa.

"Yeah it was good I suppose", Chloe would look down at her hands in her lap before sighing and looking back up to meet Beca's gaze who was watching her. "So about the other night at my party I-"

"Yeah I'm really sorry, it was just a drunken mistake and uh- if you want to just-", Beca would interrupt her before being stopped by Chloe putting her hands on top of Beca's.

"Beca, Beca shh", Chloe would smile softly, "It was fun"

Beca would be shocked opening and closing her mouth looking for words to say, "Ye-Yeah it was a lot of fun", she'd smirk smiling back at her.

"It's just that it can't happen again", Chloe would look down holding Beca's hands still, rubbing her thumb over the top of her hand.

"Because of Tom?", Beca would take her hands away leaning back in the sofa again.

"Well yeah Tom and other stuff", Chloe would play nervously with her hands.

"What's that supposed to mean?", Beca would feel confused furrowing her eyebrows at Chloe. "Chlo, did the other night mean anything to you? I mean other than just drunken sex", she'd lean forward resting her elbows on her knees and taking Chloe's hands back in hers again.

"Beca I-", Chloe would sniff trying to hold back the tears as she'd feel Beca lift her chin up to look at her. "I have had feelings for you for a long time and the other night just tipped the scale for me and I couldn't help myself. But I'm your boss and I'm with someone and your Beca Mitchell who doesn't do relationships and now I feel so stupid because I'm just another name on your long list of girls", she'd take her hands back standing up now and wiping underneath her eyes.

Beca would stand up with her now, "Wait hold on. I admit that in the past I've been a bit of a 'fuckboy' when it comes to relationships and stuff like that, but ever since I've been feeling". She'd sigh looking around her apartment trying to find the right words. "Ever since I've started feeling like this, I haven't been with a single person. I was telling Jesse last night about how I've never felt-"

"Wait a minute, you told Jesse?", Chloe would interrupt her.

"Well he kind of figured it out on his own", Beca would shrug her shoulders.

"Who else knows? Who else has figured it out Beca?", Chloe would start shouting now at Beca getting worried.

"I don't know Chloe, no one", Beca would hold her hands up in surrender. "Look it doesn't matter, what I'm trying to say is I like you. I like you a lot and I don't regret what happened between us the other night, it was amazing", she'd smile stepping closer to Chloe now.

"Beca we can't", Chloe would shake her head.

"Why? Tell me why we can't be together", Beca would put her hands on Chloe's forearms.

"Because I am your boss and the label wouldn't allow it", Chloe would grab Beca's hands softly pushing them down and away from her.

"Well then you're fired", Beca would hold her arms out wide laughing a little now.

"Seriously?", Chloe would cross her arms raising an eyebrow at Beca.

"You just said the label wouldn't like it cause you're my boss.. Well if you're not my boss then it means we can be together", Beca would step closer again.

"What about Tom?", Chloe would stay frozen in her same position.

"Kick him out, he's not good for you I could see that the first time I met him", Beca would shrug her shoulders again smiling as she'd have an answer to every question Chloe was firing at her.

"It's not that easy Beca, I can't just drop everything to be with you", Chloe would put a hand up in front of her to stop Beca from stepping closer.

"Then what is it Chloe?! Tell me!", Beca would be getting annoyed now.

"I don't trust you!", Chloe would shout back at her. "I'm scared that if I gave you everything I would get hurt!", she'd continue shouting as Beca would be stood there stunned. "How am I meant to believe that you would be able to commit and be with me and not leave or get with other people?!"

"I'll prove it to you", Beca would blurt out causing Chloe to stop.

"You'll prove it?"

"If that's what you need to make you see that I'm serious about this, us. Then yes! I'll prove it"

Chloe would continue to look at Beca trying to read the expression and choose whether or not to believe her. She'd sigh, taking a deep breath "Fine. If you can prove to me that you can't be tempted by other people for a whole month then..."

"Hold on", Beca would interrupt her, "You have to break up with Tom though, prove to me that you're serious as well"

Chloe would step forward uncrossing her arms and standing incredibly close to Beca now, "You think you can go a whole month?", she'd speak slowly and seductively now twirling a piece of her red hair around her finger.

Beca would gulp looking Chloe's body up and down as she'd try to keep her hands in her pockets. "Does the no temptation rule include you?", she'd look up into her striking blue eyes getting lost in them.

Chloe would lean down putting her hands on Beca's shoulder as she'd get close to Beca's ear whispering seductively, "It includes everyone", she'd nibble on her earlobe before stepping back and smiling.

Beca would close her eyes and take another deep breath before opening her eyes and looking back at Chloe biting her lip. "This is going to be one long month"