When it's over and we are just exiting the theater, we are walking through the parking lot to Nicks car when Joe pulls his phone out of his pocket. He frowns and starts tapping away at his touchscreen.

"What's the matter?" Nick asks.

"Jenny texted me a bunch of times asking where I was." He says, shrugging before locking his phone and shoving it back in his pocket.

"I thought she was working late?" I say.

"Uh right, I guess she got out early." He says, "oh well it's no big deal."

"Do you want me to drop you off at home first?" Nick asks him as I hop into the backseat, Joe taking the passenger side.

"You aren't coming over?" Joe asks, turning his head towards me in the back.

I shake my head, "No, that's okay."

"You sure? We could all hangout." He says and by all I know that means Jenny included. I just feel too uncomfortable around them. Seeing her stare lovingly at him as he wraps his arm around her waist makes me feel a deep sadness within me.

"Yeah I'm pretty tired." I lie.

"Okay." He says and I can tell he's disappointed.

We pull into their driveway and I get out to take Joes spot in the front seat.

"Goodnight Trin." Joe says as we pass each other. I smile at him and say goodnight back before plopping myself back into the car.

I look at Nick and he smiles at me as he pulls out of the parking lot. He puts on some rock music and I cringe. I can't stand rock music but I don't say anything as his fingers gently tap the steering wheel along to the beat.

"Do you want to stay a bit?" I ask him as we pull into my driveway. I know he hates being a third wheel as much as I would.

"Yeah sure." He says as he unbuckles his seatbelt.

He follows me inside the door where I kick off my shoes, leaving them wherever they land. I remember how much that used to piss my mom off. Oh the freedom of living on your own.

I go into the kitchen and grab us each a water bottle, handing it to him as he approaches.

We have hung out alone so many times, but there's a awkwardness between the two of us tonight that I've never felt before. 

"Did you have a good time tonight?" He asks and I nod.

"Of course." I say.

"I was surprised Joe wanted to come." He admits.

"Me too." I say.

"How are you doing with the whole... well you know."

I shrug, "it is what it is. I can't make someone feel something for me that they don't."

"I know what you mean." He says lowly and I want to question him but he walks away and into the living room.

I follow him and take a seat next to him on the couch. "So you are going to be okay then?" He asks.

"Time will tell." I say.

I flip the television on and we watch a few netflix shows in silence. But it's a comfortable silence. He leans slightly towards me and I put my head on his shoulder as I slowly drift in and out of consciousness.

I wake up suddenly, the room only lit up by the television playing and I look at the time; two in the morning. When I gather my thoughts I realize Nick has his arm wrapped around my shoulders and he's sleeping. We have never cuddled up like this, and the feeling of his arms on me doesn't make me uncomfortable at all. It's just... Nick.

I look at him, his lips curled up in a small smile as he sleeps peacefully. He's very attractive of course, but different from Joe; like Nicks matching dark hair is kept short with his bangs sort of spiked up unlike Joes longer curls that I love. His face is longer and his chin is slightly pointier too but it's obvious they are brothers. 

I move a little bit, accidentally making him jolt awake. He takes his arm back and looks around the room, taking in his surroundings.

"We fell asleep." I say with a laugh.

"Shit, sorry." He says, resting his elbows on his knees, "I should go." He says

"It's so late, just stay the night." I say. It wouldn't be the first time either of them have stayed the night with me and vice versa. Our parents used to let us have sleepovers when we were younger, too.

"You sure?" He asks.

I nod, "Of course."

"Alright." He says.

I get up and walk over to the closet and grab a few blankets and a pillow. I turn to him and raise an eyebrow, "You can sleep in my bed if you want and I can take the couch."

He laughs and stands up, shaking his head at me before grabbing the stuff out of my hands, "I'm taking the couch Trin."

His hand brushes mine as he grabs the pillow and I look up at him, his face turning red. He walks over to the couch and starts making up his bed.

He's acting so sweet to me lately, and when he looks at me I see something different in his eyes. He couldn't possibly have feelings for me could he? No, of course not. He just feels bad for me because of the whole Joe thing.

"I guess I'll head up to my room." I tell him.

"Okay, thanks for letting me crash here." He says.

"No problem." I say, "goodnight Nick."

He smiles, "Night Trin."

I turn around and head towards my stairs, stopping at the foot of them. I turn around when I hear a noise. Nick takes off his shirt, his back to me. I forgot he wouldn't have anything to sleep in.

I stare at the muscles in his back tightening and loosing up as he moves. He's a lot more muscular now, all his boy like features being replaced with manly ones. I turn around quickly so he doesn't catch me staring and run quietly up the stairs.