Chapter Thirty Eight

Jungkook Focus

"You asshole! Why the fuck would you tell him you're dating!?" Namjoon yelled at me. "What do you want!? Just tell me and I'll give it to you." I sighed, surprised by his sudden mood, but generally ready for this type of reaction. I looked at him calmly and stated factually, "Because I love him."

Namjoon squinted at me. "W-Wait. You're not- Are you serious?" He asked. I nodded slowly. "I've never been more serious about anything. I love him so much and can't imagine how life would be without him in it already." Namjoon looked me up and down, deciding his next move. "And when did this start?" He asked. I looked at the ground for a moment, thinking about it. When did I... I looked back up at Namjoon. "I didn't realize it till everything I did became something I did for him. I think it was the day I met him, but I couldn't admit that to myself until a little while later."

Namjoon nodded. Then shook his head in a frown. "I don't think I approve of this." He said. "I don't trust you." His face returned to his usual, hatred filled glare. "You stole Jin and killed him. You stole my child and now I don't know how I'm supposed to keep him safe. If I leave him here, we both know what will happen if the others in the gang find out. Especially this gang. I will not run that risk, but I also can't take him back to mine. It won't work that way."

I looked Namjoon dead in the eye and said. "I don't need your permission. All that matters is that I love your son and I will make damn well sure he is safe at all costs." After that, I walked off, back to the elevators, calling over my shoulder. "You can't stay for long. If you want him back, I'm leaving that up for him to decide. I can't take his free will any more than I already have."

When I got back to Taehyung, I saw him sleeping on the bed and softened. I walked over to him and shook his shoulder gently. "Tae," I said softly. "Tae baby, wake up. I want to talk." The blue eyed angel opened his puffy eyes slowly and looked up at me. "Talk about what?" He asked sleepily. I looked around. "I just want to talk. Nothing important, but I figured you would be okay with that. I just need someone to talk to right now." Tae sat up. My eyes fell on the nightstand, which had a drawer slightly opened on the bottom. I frowned.

"Hey, did anyone come through here at all today?" I asked. Taehyung shook his head. "No." I shook my head. I probably left it open earlier. "What do you wanna talk about?" Tae asked. I looked at him, at how beautiful he was. I was pretty sure I was staring too hard because he started blushing.

"You've never told me about your parents." He said. "How about we talk about that?" I tensed. "Is that a soft spot? I won't mention it again." Tae said, looking down. I shook my head. "It's fine. I forgot I hadn't told you." I said. "C'mon." I stood up and Taehyung followed suit. I held my hand out for him and he hurried to grab it. "Where are we going?" He asked. I looked him in the eyes and kissed his cheek. "To meet my father."

I pulled Taehyung into the elevator and looked at the board of buttons. "He was killed a while ago by the leader of the Hemocalvo gang," I explained. I pulled a piece of duct tape off of a button and pushed it. Level -9. We started to descend to the lowest level of the subway system. It was pretty far below everything else, so it took a while to get down there.

"Ever since then, I have wanted revenge on the Hemocolvos and I'm pretty sure it's unhealthy." I continued. "But the way he killed my dad was... Very life changing. It scarred me so bad to the point where I began to get suicidal. Jimin already told you that." Taehyung nodded. "If you don't mind my asking, h-how did he kill your father?" He asked. I felt myself tense more, but the warmth in just Taehyung's hand was enough to make me feel a little lighter.

"He came here because of some beef he had with my dad and when I walked in the room, he almost killed me, because it would hurt my dad so much. But then he changed his mind. He said that my father cared more about the future of the gang, so he murdered my dad right in front of me. He thought that I would follow that example, seeing something like that at such a young age."