Chapter Thirty One

Start from the beginning

"What?" I asked. He got off the bed and put some shoes on, then a jacket. "Let's go." He said, slipping on a jacket and tossing me my worn out shoes.

I put them on quickly and followed him to his elevator. "Ooh wait! I almost forgot!" He said. He walked over to his nightstand and grabbed a rope, then came back to me. I swallowed, suddenly feeling a tiny bit less safe. We stepped into the elevator. "Turn around." He said. I obeyed, and he started tying my wrists together. I gave out a weak "Ow." At some point and he loosened the ropes a little.

"Can't have the gang getting suspicious," Jungkook said, and at that point, I was utterly confused. "Where are you taking me?"

"You'll see. Hoseok will probably yell at me if I don't do this soon, so-"

"Do what?"

"I said you'll see. Now at least pretend you're scared." He said, and he hit the button for the highest floor. When the doors opened, of course, it was ground level. He led me through crowds of people who were smoking, talking, and a few of them looking nervously at him.

One of them came up and shyly looked at Jungkook. She was a girl. "U-Uh, can I ask you something?" She asked nervously. Jungkook grunted. "You just did. But anyway, go on." The girl took a deep breath. "Did J-Hope tell you yet?" She asked. "About the... You know, last night? The-"

"What do you mean?"

"I guess he hasn't. Um, well then, maybe I'll just leave it to him." She said, and she ran off before Jungkook could say anything. He kept pushing me along, holding tight to my wrists. It hurt, but there wasn't really anything he could do about that. "Almost there." He whispered reassuringly in my ear. I gave a slight nod, breathing hard and fast. My wrists hurt. A lot.

Jungkook led me out through the front doors to the whole subway system. No one was outside. It was almost like the outside was a dangerous place to them. I could see the moon rested over Seoul off in the distance. Jungkook brought me around to another side of the subway building and behind a few trees. "Where are we-"

"You'll find out."

"Why are we outside?"

"Well, we can't watch this from inside."

I frowned as he stopped and I turned around. What are you planning? I wondered in my head. Jungkook, as if reading my mind, motioned to a ladder on the side of the building. "Let's go." He said.

He turned me around and untied my wrists. "You're rope burns look bad." He commented. I looked down and rubbed my wrists. "Thanks." I grabbed the rungs of the ladder and started climbing. Halfway up, I paused and shut my eyes. Don't look down, don't look down. I thought, feeling the breeze in my hair.

"You okay?" I heard Jungkook's voice underneath me. I started to go up again. "I'm fine," I said. My hands only shook a little. It wasn't that I was scared of heights particularly. I was afraid of falling from heights. I reached the top and pulled myself over the edge of the roof of the building. I laid down face up, glad that I made it without even sparing a glance to the ground.

Jungkook appeared seconds later, his sleeves rolled up and arms on full display. I couldn't look away when the muscles in his forearms bulged as he pulled himself up. "C'mon." He said. "The sun's about to come up."

"What?" I asked. I was confused. We're trying not to get caught crossing the roof or something? Jungkook grinned at me. "I figured you had been underground for too long. It's nice to look at the sky every once in a while, right?"

I looked right into Jungkook's eyes for a moment, feeling lightheaded all of a sudden. If he was being this nice, then there was something going on. I felt special. I probably shouldn't have felt like that, but it just kind of felt like he held me high. Held me as someone special. Jungkook's grin faded. "What?" He asked. "Do you not want to be here?" I blinked, realizing that I was staring at him.