21

( Chardonnay's POV )

I woke up for school and did the same routine as usual. Woke up my brother and sister and got them ready for school.

While I was making them breakfast, I looked at my phone and saw that I had gotten a couple missed calls and texts from Alize. Damn, what was her problem blowing me up like that ?

I called her back.

"Girl what wrong?" I asked.

"OMG, you just won't believe it. I'm on my way over, I'll tell you when I make it there." She said and hung up.

This girl was some serious.

I finished making breakfast for my siblings.

"Hey Char. Our birthdays are coming up. Are you gonna get us a birthday present?" Junebug asked.

"Of course, how could I forget ? And matter fact, after school I'm gonna take y'all shopping and y'all can get what y'all want for y'all birthday." I said.

I hugged both of them tightly, like there was no tomorrow. I loved them with all my heart.

*

Alize finally made it but before we walked Junebug and Lele to school, I stopped my my mom's room to check on her.

"Mom are you okay?" I asked.

"Yes. Im good baby, have a good day at school." She said.

"Okay. There's some breakfast on the stove if your hungry." I said.

"Love you baby." She said.

"Love you too." I said, shutting the door.

Then we all headed out the house to drop them off at school.

*

"Have a good day, I love y'all." I said, while watching them cross the street.

"Now what have you been dying to tell me ?" I asked, now on the way to our school.

"Girl. Okay, Lastnight right.. my parents were working and so I invited Lamar over and girl soon as we got done they barged in on us. I guess they had gotten off of work early. So yeah he left, they started fussing at me. I supposedly have a doctor's appointment. So after lunch, I might get checked out to go to the doctor." She said.

"Girl, y'all must have been going at it like rabbits, y'all crazy. But for what ? You think your pregnant?" I asked.

"No, not at all. They just wanna make sure I'm not pregnant, or have any STD's." She said.

"Well I hope not. And whether you do or not, I'm still here for you." I said.

"And if you be back by time schools over, hopefully you'll come with me to the mall. They birthdays almost here, so I'm going to buy them a couple things. I hope you come back in time to come with us, I Sholl don't wanna be up there walking by myself." I said.

"Okay, I'll make sure I'm back on time."

*

Alize had gotten checked out of school, so now I was on my way home, so I could take them out.

*

"Y'all ready?" I asked.

"Yeah." They said, walking into the living room.

My mom had gotten out of bed and was now walking in the living room.

"Where y'all going?" She asked.

"Oh, I was gonna take them to the mall and grab them a couple birthday gifts. Is that okay?" I asked.

"Yes, be safe. How are y'all getting there?" She asked.

"Mom. Literally, the mall is up the street. And there's always a bus." I said.

"No, I'll drive y'all there." She said.

"Mom, you sure?" I asked.

"Girl hush yeah, let me go grab my car keys first." She said walking back towards her room.

My mom was so damn beautiful, like really. Those light brown eyes, and her hair came down to her back. She didn't even look 41, she looked more like 21.

She returned back into the living room with the car keys and we headed out to the car.

*

"Call me when y'all ready, love y'all." She said, pulling off.

I'm glad that my mom finally got well, and now was up and moving back around like a normal person.

Before walking into the mall, I called up Alize to see if she could make it, but her phone went straight to voicemail.

Damn, I guess we were stuck by ourselves.

I walked in the mall, holding both of my younger sibling hands.