Chapter 2

Logan Lerman as Nikolai Reddings
"Watch where you're going, you asshole!" I drop the now squished cups on the sand and the guy that rammed into me just stares. "Fucking California guys," I mumble. I walk away, towards my mom, and he calls out, "Hey, I'm sorry." I flip him off and I hear him give an animalistic growl. I keep walking then my mom gasps, "Riley, what happened to your dress?"
"Cali guy thought it would be nice to slam into me while I was holding the milkshakes, sorry." She shakes her head, "It's alright. Let's go home so you can get out of these clothes." I nod and we walk off the beach and towards the house. "Hey, girl! Hey, can I just talk to you please?!" I turn and milkshake guy is running toward me. I tell my mom to go into the house then turn to face the guy, crossing my arms over my chest. "Hey, I'm really sorry about crashing into you and spilling those milkshakes all over you." I nod then he sighs, "You know if I apologize then you should either accept it or smack me in the face." I crack a smile then look up at him. He's beautiful which is really weird coming from me. He has brown hair, perfectly arched eyebrows, long eyelashes, baby blue eyes and full lips. Oh my word, what I would do to those full, luscious- wait, what the hell? He smiles at me, "Finally got you to smile which makes me think you accepted my apology. I'm Nikolai Reddings, what's your name?"
"Al-Riley Barranco." He smiles and I shake his hand that was outstretched toward me. Pleasurable shocks shoot up my arm and I pull it away, "What the hell?" He smiles then asks, "Which school you going to, Riley?" I get shivers when he says my name then I answer, "Anchor Beach."
"Me too. I'll see you tomorrow then?" I nod then he walks away, smiling like a weirdo. I find myself smiling then walk inside. My mom is standing near the staircase railing and she smiles, "Who was that?"
"That my dear mother, was a boy that I need to stay away from. I'm going to take a shower then go to sleep, tomorrow is a big day after all." My mom rolls her eyes then I walk up the stairs towards my room. I strip off my sticky dress and walk into the bathroom. I hop into the shower letting the warm water hit my back. I think about Nikolai and how he would just stare at me of smile like someone who was just struck by Cupid's bloody arrow. Taking a record time of 10 minutes, I step out of the shower and wrap a towel around my body. I step out into my room then grab black shorts and dark green tank. I put them on then grab my laptop, logging into Facebook. I have a new friend request from...Nikolai Reddings. What the hell is this guy stalking me now? I still accept the request though. Hey, I know a good looking boy when I see one. I shut off the laptop then get under the covers. I close my eyes and the nightmare comes to me again.
I'm walking through a graveyard then a man with black angel wings lands in front of me. His eyes look like mine and he just smiles, evilly at me. "Alexandra, you have grown to be so beautiful. Too bad, your mother took you away from me." I raise an eyebrow and he smiles, "My daughter, do you not recognize your father." I shake my head, "No, you're lying!"
"I'm not, my dear child. I'm sorry we had to meet like this but hopefully we'll meet again in Hell. After all, all fallen angels go to Hell with me." He creates an electric ball between his hands and is about to launch it at me when a boy shields me and takes the bolt. He falls to the ground, his chest isn't moving. "NO!!" I fall to my knees next to him and rest my forehead against his chest, "No, wake up, wake up! You bastard! You'll never be my father, you killed my love!" I cry into his chest and scream, "KILL ME!" I look up and an electric bolt comes my way.
"NOOOO!!!!!" I scream, jerking myself awake. My mom runs into the room then runs over to me. She holds me against her while the tears stream down my face. "The nightmare again."
"Momma, they're getting worse. It feels so real." I sob into her shirt then she runs a hand through my hair. "Shhh, you're okay. Momma will protect you from them." I try to calm my shaking form but nothing will help. "What time is it?"
"6:30. I was coming to wake you when I heard you screaming. Are you okay now?" I nod then she smiles, "Get ready, baby girl. We have to get you registered before 8:30." I nod then get out of bed, finding black feathers littering the sheets. I throw the comforter back then my mom walks out of the room. I forget about the feathers and pull out my outfit that I already picked out. Black, ripped, skinny jeans, black long sleeve with rips along the sleeve and my black combat boots. I put on the outfit then go into the bathroom. I grab my straightener, and make up bag. I pull out my black eyeliner, mascara, eyeshadow, and red lipstick. I finish putting on my face then start straightening the strands of jet black waves. I smile at my reflection then grab my backpack and head downstairs. "Jesus, Alex, you scared the crap out of me."
"Well, thanks mom." She smiles then grabs the keys, "Let's get going then." I nod and we walk out of the house and into the car. We drive along the streets then my new prison-school appears in the distance. 10 minutes later, my mom pulls into a parking space and I hop out of the car. We walk inside the school and towards the main office. My mom opens the door and everyone looks up at us. A lady sittin in front smiles, "You must be Melissa and Riley Barranco. Welcome to Anchor Beach. I need to see her birth certificate, school I.D and an electric, gas or water bill." My mom hands her my fake birth certificate, school I.D and a bill to the lady. The lady checks them over and inserts some info into her computer. She finalizes it then prints out 3 papers then hands them to me. "This is your schedule, locker number and map of the school. I'll get someone to escort you." She waves someone inside and I turn to see Nikolai. He smiles, "What can I do for you, Mrs. Smith?"
"Can you escort Ms. Barranco to her first class? It happens to be your first class too and she apparently has all classes with you." No fucking way!
------------------------------------
Hey, my loves!!!!! How was it? I have a feeling Nikolai had something to do with all their classes being together. What do you think? Comment!!!! Vote!!!!! Love y'all, broken149