Trust Issues (Chapter 41 Part III)

Start from the beginning

"Here, put this on until Jerome comes with your clothes." She said handing me a long silk nightgown. I smiled, knowing it was Granny's. I slipped it over my body and smiled because it smelled just like her. I was definitely taking this back to Texas with me.

"Thanks Mama." I mumbled, folding all of my clothes and putting them into a neat pile in the corner of the room.

"You hungry?" She asked. I shook my head as I stripped the bed of it's dramatic decorative pillows. I just wanted to sleep.

"You need to eat baby." She sighed.

"I ate a big breakfast Mama, I'm fine. I'll eat when I get up." I assured her as I climbed into the bed and allowed the comfortable bed to swallow me.

"Okay baby." She sighed, leaning over to kiss my forehead. She left the room and I just laid there, looking up at the ceiling. I grabbed my phone; deciding to check on Aaliyah. I called her on FaceTime and she answered almost immediately.

"Hi Mama!" She grinned, making an instant smile come to my face. My kids always lifted me up when I was down. We talked for about half an hour as she filled me in on everything she'd done since I last talked to her; which was this morning.

"Aaliyah! You ready to go?" I heard Ms. Rita yell in the background.

"Yes ma'am, here I come." She called back.

"Where y'all going?" I asked out of curiosity.

"To the movies and out to eat, talk to you later Mama. Love you, bye." She said blowing a kiss into the screen and hanging up before I could even respond.

The next call I made was to Trayveon. When he finally answered, he had a goofy grin on his face. "Hi pretty girl." He smirked. There was a lot of noise in the background and I couldn't really hear him but I could definitely read his juicy lips. I could tell he was at home by his surroundings. "Hold on baby." He told me as he got up from his seat and walked into a different room, away from all of the noise. "My bad." He apologized.

"It's okay baby." I smiled.

"Big Red, Rock, Butta and TJ over here acting a fuckin fool." He informed me, making me nod my head. I was glad that he was actually interacting with his friends instead of ignoring them all the time and staying in the house like a grandpa. "How you feeling? You just getting back from the funeral?" He asked me, making me sigh as I nodded my head. "How was it?"

"It was okay." I responded simply. I couldn't really go into detail because I was in a daze for the majority of the funeral. I honestly can't tell him about it even if I wanted to because my mind was miles away. Not to mention; I was embarrassed about how I showed my ass during the viewing. I definitely wasn't planning on telling him about that.

"I can tell you been crying." He spoke up.

"I'm okay." I assured him.

"You not, but you will be." He stated. I didn't respond to him because I didn't want to get emotional again. I laid in the bed, just staring at him. He was so fine and I could really look at him all day. I couldn't wait to go back home and kiss on him all day. "Imma let you go bae, you look like you bout to fall asleep. Love you, pretty girl." He smirked, making me smile.

"Love you too, bye." I responded softly before blowing him a kiss and ending the call.

"Drink this baby, you need to stay hydrated." Mama said busting into the room without even knocking. Andrea, Erica, and Tatiyana were all right behind her. I'm glad I was wasn't naked or trying to be freaky on the phone. They just might've caught me with my titties out.