20.

A few days passed away since that night. Me and Harry didn't interact at all. Since that day either Chase or Rachel picks me up for school every morning. I know chase goes early to school these days as he is one of the in charge of 'inter-school competition week' so I asked him if he'd be fine with me coming early with him too. He had no problem at all and then I started going school early. I just needed to get away from the vibes in the house for a while.

Everyday after I reach school, I walk to the school library to be alone in silence doing my own stuff. These days I wasn't able to focus on the academics at all so I decided to use this time for it. Coming early to school till the next month can help me cope up to my studies. Always going to keep my aim my first priority.

Inter school competition week is in the second week of the next month which means I'll get to come school without Harry for a month and stay away from him and distract myself. Even after school I can go home by myself as home is just a few blocks away from school. Having some time alone will also help me work on things which I have planned to distract me from awful stuff going on in my life. Mainly from Harry.

It's 30 mins until the first period starts and I get a text message from someone I was warned to stay away from. Alyssa. We've been hanging out a lot these days. Not giving a fuck about Harry's restriction.

Alyssa: Where you at? Text me after you get to school.

Me: I'm already at school, in the library. Where are you?

How is she early to school today? I wait for her reply for a minute but instead she shows up by calling my name loudly trying to find me in this huge room. I jump because of the loud sound.

"Alyssa, here" I stand up and wave my hand at her.

"There you are" she speaks in a normal tone from far away but it's still loud.

"Hushhhhh. It's library" I start getting embarrassed.

"Ya. Who's going to get disturbed over here? The furniture or the walls?" She scoffs.

I roll my eyes with a smile. "Still!"

"Relax, Alena. Not even the librarian is here" she walks to me with a grin.

I shake my head a sit back down. She takes the seat besides me and keep her bag on the table.

"Why are you so early here?" She takes a look at my stuff and my laptop screen.

"Nothing!" I shut my laptop immediately. "Just studying for the upcoming test" I throw a smile at her.

She jerks her head back reacting to my action. "Alright, Alright" she says suspiciously.

"Yeah"

"So did you change your mind about music at least today?" She has been asking me this daily in the hope of me changing my mind.

"Still backing my answer, Lisa" "Not going to change" I shake my head and start gathering my mess.

"Ally. I like it,..........El" she names me a nickname like I did before out of nowhere.

"Uh, sorry. It just came out" I bit my lip looking at her.

She chuckles looking at me. "Can I ask you something?"

"Yeah?" I frown at her.

"You get a quite nervous whenever we start bonding" "Why is it so?" "Don't you like me or something?" She glues her eyes on my face curiously.

I exhale leaning back to my chair. "Shut up, No and It's not like I get nervous but..." "I don't know how to say it" "it's not you....it's like...like...." I stare at the ground trying to think of words which wouldn't offend her.

How do I tell her that it's about her and Harry's past. I'm still not over it. She still gives me those Harry's ex vibes. Now that I have come across my feelings towards Harry, it matters more.

"Is it about me being related in past to someone you are living with and you are worried if that person doesn't likes you hanging out with me? Because I noticed that yesterday on the ground" she read my mind.

I take a second to reply. "Yeah" I slowly nod looking at her.

We both look at each other thinking about the situation.

"But that's not a problem anymore" I pass a smile and sit straight. "I can cancel someone who wants to decide whom I should hang with and with whom I should not"

"Wouldn't it be awkward at home?" She asks with piles of concern.

I let a laugh out before answering. "We barely see each other at home. It's alright" I stand grabbing my bag and my laptop.

"Are you sure?" She's still sitting looking up at me.

"Hundred percent. And what's gone is gone, you don't want to linger upon it, do you?" "Let's start new relationships over old ones?" I don't believe I'm the one wanting to initiate the friendship.

She stands up with a smile on her face. "I wish I was as confident as you" "And yes! Of course! Let's do it..." "El" she lets out a grin.

"It's not about confidence, Lisa. It's about you being in charge of your own life" "And a very few people have this privilege" "You are one of them, I've noticed, don't even deny" I say it out frankly.

She looks at me for a second before speaking. "Now that we're friends, I believe you'll help me change it?" I see hope in her eyes. Not really hope but 'need'.

"Anything for my friends" I wink at her and we start walking out of the library.

***

"Oh my god yes! Titanic! Are you kidding me? Same!! It's my favourite movie too" Alyssa jumps as we walk to my locker while discussing more about each other.

"We should probably have a night out someday and watch it together" I suggest with the same excitement.

"A night out. Something I haven't had in ages" she gets anxious.

While we were talking my eyes roam behind Alyssa. My eyes meet a pair of furious ones, standing a few lockers away from us. Alyssa catches my gazes and looks behind her. Harry shuts his locker loudly, snatching attention of students present around. A second later the warning bell rings.

"We should get going" I speak to Alyssa while pulling her by her wrist.

Me and Harry being in same buildings almost all the time is always going to make hard for me to move on.

***