13.

________

"Hey" I plant a formal smile on my face.

"How are you doing?" She asks without any concern just like every other person.

Bad. "So far good" I shrug.

"Great!!" she grins.

"I ugh-gotta go check my locker and stuff" I excuse myself not wanting to stand there with the girl Harry is in love with.

"Oh yeah!" "Hope you enjoy your first day in this school and our senior year" she wishes.

"Thank you!" "....Good day" I walk fast out the office.

Why does it feel so weird for me to talk to Alyssa? Is it her image in my head? Her being Harry's LoVe interest has grabbed onto my head. I'm grateful that she saved me from Austin but I don't like that she is Harry's ex girlfriend whom he still loves. It's not her, it's just the relation. I'd feel the same for any girl Harry is in love with. BUT WHY? It should not matter to me.

I just find my locker and lean my forehead on it being anxious. "Not a good start to a good day" I feel like banging my head on the steel. Why are so many thoughts revolving in my head at the same time.

First, the nightmare. Second, Harry's yelling. Third, Why is Harry stressing so much. Fourth, Getting my phone back from Austin. Fifth, meeting Alyssa. Sixth, Attempting to talk to Harry later. Urgh.

Wait. I am not going to talk to Harry! Why should I? I just recall his words earlier. Show me my place?! Show me my place?!! Really?! He has shouted on me a lot since morning and I ain't bearing it anymore.

I pull open my empty locker and shove the necessary and unnecessary stuff inside.

***

I successfully dodge bumping into people I know and don't know for three classes. I need some alone time to free my blasting mind. I attend the classes and atmosphere in the classroom has made my mood better. I anyways learnt that I have a class common with Chase, Austin and Alyssa. It's History. The guy I bumped into earlier is Austin's friend, I figured it out. The most weird thing in the lecture was, Austin and Alyssa glancing at each other secretly. I sat with Chase and way too away from those two for them to notice me.

This triangle is fucking with my head. I don't even need to focus on these three but I can't help and do it anyways. It is getting complicated every time I notice Alyssa and Austin together.

Chase and I walk to my locker without having any conversation.

"Can I ask you something?" I ask cutting off the silence.

Chase frowns at my curiosity. "What?"

"What's up with Austin and Alyssa?" "And Harry?" I take Harry's name almost in whispers.

"Oh!!" "So you noticed ha" he starts looking at me as if contemplating the answer in his head.

I nod and hope he answers me. Chase is Harry's best friend and shares most of Harry's traits. He hasn't been much close to me and is mysterious enough for me to know he won't speak out anything.

"Alena, here you'll get to much stuff which will mess with your head. Varsity high school is not like other schools. You better stay away from this, Alena. Things are too delicate to be brought back" "No one really talks about it" he speaks crystal clear.

"What? Why?-"

"Hey! Alena!" I'm cut off by a familiar person  striding towards me with its green eyes glued to me. Harry seems alright now.

"Where did you disappear in the morning?" "I was looking for you" Harry walks to me with a calm face.

"I'll go grab my books for the next class" Chase excuses himself.

I suddenly start missing Olive and Rachel. I turn around at my locker and ignore Harry with a stoic expression.

"Alena!" His voice hardens.

"I don't want to talk to you, Harry" I say doing some random shit with my locker just to avoid him.

"And why is that?" I feel his stare on me.

"Because I talk and you yell" "My morning was already bad, Harry and you ruined it with your howling" "I need a normal person to have a conversation with. You are complicated as fuck. I wanted to talk to you about last night, I just-I just wanted to talk to you, Harry.......I wanted to feel better talking to you" "But you just..." I get frustrated and almost wet my eyes.

I'm so strong and determined when Harry isn't around me and when he is with me, in front of me, I become weak and just want to start crying every time he screams at me whereas I should be screaming back at him. He is really messing with me now.

"Alena....." he sighs and attempts to hold my hand.

"Don't touch me!" I Swat off his hand and continue arranging already arranged books in the locker.

"Stop it and look at me" he turns me around at him softly and holds me by my arms.

I say nothing and just look away.

"I said look at me" he orders.

"I don't want to" I croak looking at him in his eyes.

"I'm sorry! I'm a douche! It's your first day and I....I'm sorry, Alena. I am just upset on Scarlett" he travels his hands down to my wrists.

"Scarlett?" I question.

"Scarlett....my cousin" "She's with this guy since few months and she's madly in love with him. So is he but-" he huffs. "She's just 21 and already got engaged" "She tells me every fucking thing but this time she didn't and something's fishy about it. I'm stressed, she isn't answering my calls or replying my texts" "And she's doing that purposely cause she knows I hate that guy she is in love with" his face strains.

"Okay, Relax" "I understand" "You should wait for her to answer. Seeing your calls and texts, she'll call back, Harry" "And stop calling or texting her anymore. She'll get tensed seeing your reaction and may not call back. Calm down, okay?" I move close to him, scanning his face with concern.

"She's just like-" he looks at up me and his attention immediately diverts to something behind me. "-Just like Gemma to me" he looks back at me and clenches on what he saw.

I turn my head to see what got him distracted, and I'm not really shocked to see Alyssa near her locker, looking at Harry. As soon as she notices me looking at her, she looks ahead. Seems like Harry doesn't likes her glancing at him. But he loves her?

"Umm....Harry, I want to tell you something. More like confess" I say quietly.

He frowns at me for a second and studies my face. "What is it"

"Night before yesterday's, I came into your room. I saw you asleep with your laptop on your stomach. I decided to keep the laptop away and....." "While doing so, I might have seen the wallpaper" I make it sound less worse.

"What" he almost whispers with disgust. "You went through my laptop?"

"No! It was already on! I was just-"

"You were just what, Alena!" He out of nowhere screams at me.

Everyone around including Alyssa and Chase start looking at us making it terrible for me.

"Harry, calm down! Everybody is looking" my voice is shaky.

"Alena, you complain about me shouting at you but you give me the reasons to do it!" "I can't believe this!" He clenches, jerks my hand away and walks away while running his hand through hair furiously.

"Harry!" I try to stop him but my legs are frozen.

After he leaves, I look around at people. Embarrassment strike me and I shut my locker, preparing to leave the Hallway. My attention is immediately caught by Austin and his friends entering the Men's room. I need my phone back so that I can text apologies to Harry.

______