14.

_______

After the last bell, I walk up to locker with loose steps like there's much going on in my head. It was supposed to be a good day but It was sadly not. At the lunch, in cafeteria, Harry didn't show up. It was just me, Rachel, Olive, James and Chase. In the half break, I noticed, neither Alyssa nor Austin were in the cafeteria. I intentionally didn't jump to the conclusion of Alyssa and Austin being together but some sort of ill thoughts inside me were saying Alyssa and Harry might have met.

The thoughts didn't last long as put them into the drain recalling Harry getting annoyed by Alyssa looking at him. Sometimes some over thinking can give birth to some insecurities and those insecurities can give birth to the some regretful decisions. The thoughts which give birth to insecurities are mostly false, unreal and delusional because it's just insecurities making us think about it.

On the other side, I also cannot just walk around with noticeable stuff going on around me. I know it's none of my business to think about Harry, Alyssa or Austin because I barely known them but I don't know why I'm contemplating and over contemplating about the relationship between these three. It's not even about Alyssa or Austin. It's only about Harry, and those two are only involved because they are involved with Harry, and nowadays Harry has become my business.

Ugh, my mind is not in my control anymore. Like always?

I know nothing about Harry. Outside stuff I know but inside stuff? Nope. Not even an ounce and I want to know it all. For the sake of my internal peace at least.

All of Harry's friends-now my friends gather before leaving. We chat up about some random stuff which we are interested in, some school night parties and then everyone leave for home. Except one person.

"Hey" Chase leans on the locker besides mine.

"What's up?" I look up at him with a light frown.

"Harry asked me to drop you home. He is going to be busy for a few hours" he informs.

"Busy doing what?" I question.

"He sometimes stays after the school and plays basketball ball in the school court" he answers pointing towards the huge Activity hall/Sports Hall.

"He plays for the team?"

"Nope, just for some space" "But he used to play for the team till last year"

"Why did he stop?"

Before replying he just looks at me while calculating something in his head. "Umm, he was over it. He is playing the game since 3 or 4th grade" "You know you get over something sometime!" He twitches his mouth and sighs.

"Strange" I narrow my eyes at his words.

"That's what Harry is and always will be no matter how much you think you know him" "He is the book which never ends" "Better don't waste your time reading it, Okay?"

I think Chase is trying to tell me something indirectly but is trying to be safe with his words. I stare at him thoughtfully before I nod my head slowly.

"Do you think you know him?" I ask Harry's best friend.

"Nope, not completely but at least I've read him more than anyone has" "And that's the reason I'm telling you this" He says while we start walking towards the exit.

I just look down at the floor and start staring at it trying to figure out what Chase just said. He is telling me to stay away from Harry or just making me aware of the safe limits? Like, Be with him but don't get into him.

Or referring to what I asked him this morning?

Chase push opens the door for me and the harsh rays of sunlight strike my face. The running air collides with my face, shuffling my thoughts seeing someone I have some business to complete with.