Chapter 10

“How dare you show your face here!” Michael screamed in outrage as Uriel struggled to hold his brother back from making a terrible mistake. Michael’s powerful arms wrestled against Uriel as he held them bound behind his brothers back.

Maniacal laughter reverberated around the hall of the Father, mocking Michael’s anger and tempting Uriel to let his brother free.

“Is this not the hall I created with you my brother, all those millennia ago? Why am I now so unwelcome?” Satanael asked, strolling ever closer to office of God.

“You are not my brother!” Michael spat as he ripped himself free from Uriel’s grasp and lunged forward to meet the evil one. Uriel’s cry was lost against Michael’s scream as he watched helplessly while Michael drew back his first to crack against the evil ones face.

Satanael waited for the blow and caught Michael’s fist in his palm as a dark shadow fell across the hall. Satanael snarled as his divine human like features blurred between his human guise, and his true form. His hair disappeared, and his once white skin now changed to smoky black scales. Ten sets of blood red eyes glared down at Michael as his face stretched to mirror a draconic human, his fangs long and sharp threatened as he snarled and flicked out a forked tongue. His angry growl was filled with pure malice and sent an evil foreboding across the room like a thick blanket of mist.

“You, do not know your place brother.” Satanael snarled as he twisted Michael’s fist, crushing it with such force that Michael cried out in pain.

“I am free to walk these halls until the fifth seal, as it is written. I am here on good terms, touch me again and I will kill you, and your pretty little choir boy of a god now, instead of giving you all a chance to survive.” The beast picked Michael up by his fist and threw him across the table to land besides Uriel.

“Nice to see you brother Uriel” He greeted. His image reverted back to the flawlessly beautiful human that had appeared moments earlier. Uriel shivered under his gaze but nodded his head in greeting.

“Welcome,” The soft spoken voice calmed Uriel’s spirit as he turned to his left to see the Son of God standing just outside the Office door with palms upturned invitingly. He slowly walked past the sacred scroll that had been placed back under protective seals by Raphael and the Ophanim stopping only briefly before walking past the Thrones seated at the end of the table. Uriel noticed Ophanim, Dominions and other angels begin to fill the halls as he moved closer to the fallen one, who seemed to shrink back ever so slowly at the Son of God’s approach.

“What is it that you are after father of lies?” The Son asked as he stopped an arms-length away. The whispers of angels flooded the hall, bouncing between the massive marbled pillars that towered over them.

“I come offering help with your struggle to survive, human.”Satanael smiled as he spat the word human out like an insult.

“I am God, we are one along with the Holy spirit, your insults show your true colours, toothless snake. Be gone, now.” The son turned his back and began to leave.

“Oh, but you are merely a man, I am far more powerful than all of you. Soon I shall become God, and you shall bow down before me human. I am merciful though, I come giving you an offering. Thousands of your followers are about to be slain across my world. I know the numbers taken in your little escape plan, you have far too little souls for the battle ahead. Wouldn’t it be beneficial to break him free? You know who I’m talking about. How many resources must he be taking up right now?” The devious glare in his eyes was enough warning to Uriel, he knew not to listen to his twisted ideas, however, at the same time, he did make a lot of sense. Perhaps he miscalculated exactly how useful that would be to them.