Scarecrow in the Mist

This is the sequel to 'Kasumi of the Red Snow'. It takes place during Shippuden, so two and a half to three years later. Kasumi is now twenty-six, while Kakashi is around twenty-nine to thirty years old. I do not own Naruto and thanks for all the continued support.   --------------------------------------------------------------------            

The Scarecrow and the woman of the Mist eventually got married. They had tied the knot a year before. They decided that a Shinobi's life span was much shorter than most and that they'd been together long enough.

Kakashi and Kasumi didn't have a wedding; they had the Hokage sign the necessary forms to wed them and they each said, “I do.” Kasumi wasn't really the type to dress up and quite frankly, Kakashi probably would have been late.

Kasumi was currently three months pregnant with her and Kakashi's child.

Kasumi had eventually joined ANBU, but was relieved of her duties until after her pregnancy. She trained under Tsunade for another two years. She had gained more physical strength and could heal damaged and torn muscles and tissues, and broken bones. Although Tsunade-sama, Shizune, and Sakura were more skilled than her, Kasumi was happy that she could heal her husband on her own. At least in most cases.

That day nearly three years ago is rarely spoken of. Unless it's Kakashi saying he almost lost her once and he wasn't willing to again. The sword of her father had punctured her right lung, she lost over a third of her blood, and was in a coma for a month and a half. If it wasn't for the Anbu medical-nin and Sakura's assistance, she would have died right there in that field.

Kakashi had sent a message to Kirigakure explaining the mission and precisely what happened. Lady Mei, in return, sent Kasumi's mother and a ninja to accompany her to visit her daughter in the hospital.

The Scarecrow and the woman of the Mist had an easy relationship. Neither gave up anything for the other. They fit together, they were synchronized. He would bring her home ramen with kamaboko already wrapped in seaweed and she would buy him the newest book in the Make-Out Paradise series and leave it on his nightstand. Simple.

*

Kasumi's eyes fluttered open at the rustling of clothes. She glanced at the clock on the bedside table. 3.28 A.M.. She rolled over to find Kakashi removing his last article of clothing, leaving him in his boxer shorts. Kasumi sent him a sleeply smile, which he returned. He crawled onto the bed beside her and wrapped his arms protectively over her stomach once she rolled back over.

“How did it go?” She asked as he rested his head on her left shoulder. “The client's parents were behind the whole thing, so the situation got a bit tricky but we managed.”

“That's good,” She mumbled as she drifted off.