Chapter 11

I sat up, looking at the sheets in the bed. Ricky was making a tipi tent of the sheets while he was fast asleep. Rolling my eyes, I rolled out and placed my feet on the floor. I heard Ricky moan in his sleep, causing me to look back at him. My movements caused Ricky to begin stirring in his sleep.

I continued on about my business and began gathering my clothes for the day. Heading into the bathroom, I quickly got on my clothing. By the time I returned, Ricky was wide awake and sitting up in the bed.

"Where are you headed to?" He asked as he looked at my outfit. "You look spivvy."

"To the nearest record store." I announced as I stood in front of the mirror. "To clear my mind. There's no special someone involved."

Sitting at the vanity, Ricky got out of bed and walked to stand behind me. He looked at me in the mirror as he stood there and watched me style my hair.

It eventually began to annoy me that he watched me that way.

"Can I help you?" I glared at him. He walked beside me and then turned facing the opposite wall to the mirror. He leaned his bottom on to the vanity and crossed his arms.

"Can't you just stay? I can't leave this room, if I do, someone's gonna recognize me." Ricky complained. Why does he think he's sooo famous? He's been out for years and still Elvis has long since surpassed him on the same totem pole.

"How pretentious. Just because you're Ricky Nelson doesn't mean anyone is recognizing you." I huffed, then I stood up once my hair was done. Looking in the mirror, I admired my curves that were showed off in my pencil skirt and top combo. Looking back at Ricky, I could see he liked it too. His eyes drank me in as he leaned on that vanity with parted lips.

The lecherous look in his eye was my cue to leave. I picked up my purse then began heading towards the door.

Ricky quickly walked in front of me and blocked the door.

"Lauren." Ricky sighed. I shoved him to the side and opened the door. Ricky stepped out into the hall with me. "Lauren, wait."

"What do you want?" I turned to him.

"Don't you think I get bored being cooped up in this room all day? The only thing to do around here is to listen to the radio or watch evening television." Ricky tried to make me see things his way, but he wasn't successful.

"Ricky, I'm heading down to wherever a record store is and that's that. No one made you stick around. You have enough of your own spending money to go somewhere else." I complained.

"But I didn't bring money." Ricky shrugged. "Nor did I bring any checks."

"Not my problem." I put my hand on my hip.

"Well my problem is that the only reason we're here is so you can go around with Elvis!" Ricky shouted, his voice echoing in the hall. He no longer had his cracky, adolescent voice, but he voice still had less bass than Elvis.

"You know what? I will not be reprimanded by you." I snapped at him, then swiftly turned my back to him. I knew he was watching as I sexily swayed my hips down the hall.

While walking, someone bumped into me hard. I didn't have time to stop, I pushed past them.

"Sorry." The man looked back at me as I continued on down the hall. I heard Ricky slam the hotel room door behind me. After that, I was off to the hotel desk to ask for directions.

After walking a few blocks to the shop, I walked immediately to the back of the store. There, stuck in the back of the store, were the records of the some of the greatest artists. Chuck Berry, Billie Holliday, Ray Charles, Louis Armstrong...