What the hell?

"Do we really have to leave?  I like it here, I got to sleep all night, we actually got to have uninterrupted sex and they brought my food to me!"  I plop back on the bed as Brad finishes all our packing "I missed this."

"I wish we could stay but we left two teenage girls in charge of our children last night... I think we need to be worried."

"And I wish I could say I'm more worried than I am, but we needed this so bad.  We need more than one night though..."

"Trust me, I'll make sure we get more.  I didn't realize how much I missed this until we were here and alone.  We need times like this way more than I thought."

He drags me out of the bed with a promise of my favorite to-go breakfast for the drive home.  I do miss my babies, but knowing that our much needed quiet alone time is coming to an end pains me. 

I miss having my husband to myself, but I know with our current life that he needs to be shared.  He's the best dad I could have imagined for my children and that makes these hard times worth it.

"Do you think they missed us?  Or did they have too much fun with Willow and Coco?"

"Well I hope they missed us a little," Brad glances over as he continues driving, "We are the reason they're alive..."

"Yeah but sometimes I think they don't care much about that."

We get quiet for a while as we watch the scenery change around us.  It slowly fades from full, leafy trees to the palm trees and ocean that we've grown used to.  The air gets warmer and more welcoming as we get closer and closer to home.

As we take the last exit towards LA, my phone starts to ring.

"Hey Court, what's up?"

"Are you guys home yet?  We really need to talk about something."

"What do you mean?  We're about 30 minutes away.  What's wrong?"

"Coco came home with a surprise... apparently her and Willow had another friend or two over last night."

"What?  We specifically told them that it could only be the two of them.  We didn't even let Julian over."

"Oh there's more.  Julian might not have been there but that's not what you needed to be worried about.  Coco came home with a nose ring, Jen.  A permanent one."

As we're hearing all this, Brad and I are getting more and more upset.  Not only did the girls just have a few friends over, they had them over doing ridiculous things while they were supposed to be watching our children.  They disrespected us and put our children in potential harm.

"She's okay though, right?  It's not botched or infected or anything?  I'm not happy about it, but I at least want to make sure she isn't hurt."

"She's fine other than the fact that David and I have been half wanting to kill her since she got home.  I have Nolan and Zane here, I didn't want to leave Willow alone but I have a feeling it wasn't all her idea... or much her idea at all."

"You don't think it was her fault?"

"Just go home and talk to her.  The boys are fine here, you need to figure all this out."

"Okay, well thanks, I guess."

We hang up and I turn to Brad who I haven't ever seen so furious.  He is hardly even breathing he's so mad. 

"What do we do now?  Just walk in casually and see what happens?  She's going to know we know."

"She's not having her party, I know that much."  He decides for us, obviously jumping straight to punishment "I don't know what she was thinking but she doesn't deserve that at all anymore."