Friends

"Boys, stop touching everything!" I grab their little hands off the clothing they're touching "Willow, you're supposed to be helping."

"I know, but this is all so cuteeee!" She holds up a bunch of outfits to prove her point "Look at them!"

"It's so hard to control myself, I want to buy it all."

The whole store is filled with the cutest little outfits. The boys are trapped in the cart except for their wondering arms, and Willow and I can roam free picking out everything we want.

"Mommy we wanna get them cute clothes too!" Nols tries his best to get out of the cart "Please?"

I push him back in the cart, handing him some snacks to keep him entertained.

"You two can pick stuff out in a little. Me and Willow are looking now."

Willow pulls us over to where they have all the summer clothing. They have the cutest little bathing suits and dresses for us to pick from, making it harder than before to decide what we want.

"Look at these! They're so little. Oh my Gosh, I'm actually going to have babies that will fit in these!"

"Jen, you've had two other babies..."

"Yeah, but they were both big. They wore little things, but not this little. I'm so excited for this!"

She picks out a few bathing suits, somehow keeping herself from going too crazy while I find dresses. We don't want them matching all the time, but I think it's adorable to have them in similar outfits.

"What about this? They can each have a color to wear." Willow finds two floral dresses, one pink and one purple "We can tell them apart that way too. It'll probably be hard when they're so little."

"I love those, we should probably try to do the color thing with all outfits though, that way when we're exhausted we don't have to worry about specific features to tell them apart."

We decide on a few more outfits before we let the boys out to pick what they like. They run around us touching everything to make sure it's soft and cute.

"Mama they like this." Zane hands me a pile of squished up clothing he's been carrying around "So cute!"

"Those are cute, let's put them in the cart."

Nols walks around with Willow, picking out every pink or purple piece of clothing that he sees around him, grasping onto our color coding idea.

"But mommy, they need green too. Green is my favorite!"

"What if we get these dresses then? They have some green in them."

"Okay, but we need more."

He leads me through the store to other spots, picking out tiny matching shirts that he likes. Of course, they all have some green on them since that's his newest obsession.

"Baby you picked out a lot with flowers on them, maybe we should get some other things too."

"But flowers are green!"

"I know, and I love them, but maybe they want some other designs too, like unicorns, or words."

"Fineeeee."

He shrugs, dragging out the word in his cute little voice as we all follow him. He finds some that have cute little sayings on them, and after having Willow and I read ofd every shirt, throws a few in the cart.

"Okay, we should get out of here before Brad gets mad because we bought too much."

We pay for everything and drag the boys out before they notice the toy aisles. As soon as we get in the car, they both fall asleep, making it an easy drive home.

"When are all your friends coming over?" Willow unpacks some of the clothing "Are you guys doing anything?"

"In a few hours. I don't know what we're doing, probably just sitting outside. Maybe we'll set up the fire pit or something."

"You guys should make smores or something. Set some more marshmallows on fire while you talk."

"Okay, that happened once. And it wasn't that bad. Nolan had to learn not to touch fire anyway."

"You got the whole stick on fire too! It was bad, Jen."

"Well we lived didn't we?"

"Your child was burned."

"It hardly touched him. He was fine."

She eventually goes to her room, leaving me to get everything ready for the night. I make some snacks and get everything out for Brad to cook since he's having some people over as well, and I don't feel like cooking.

"Why are we having a whole buffet? I thought it was just little food..." he walks in eventually, kissing me as he walks by "Do these people not have food at home?"

"They always expect food here."

He starts working on everything as people start arriving, bringing their own food and drinks to add to our mix.

"I can't believe you guys want to leave this house, this yard is so amazing."

Lisa walks up next to me, looking out over the edge of the deck.

"I'm sure the new one will be too, but I'll never get over this one."

"I know, I'm going to miss this so much. The new one is incredible, though. He really did good finding the perfect lot. I can't wait to work on decorating everything."

"It's going to look amazing," Molly joins us, wrapping her arm around me "I don't know how you have the energy to deal with this right now."

"Brad's been doing most of it, I just get magazines to look through and pick out what I like. I'm so excited to be living in it."

"Food is ready," Brad leans into me as we look out, enjoying the view "I hid a burger for you so you don't have to worry."

"Only one? I'm eating for 3..."

"There are plenty sitting out right now, you'll be able to have at least 3 if you want."

"That's better."

We all sit around eating, thinking of all our funny past stories as Brad gets the campfire set up for my favorite s'mores.

"Just don't burn anyone, Jen." Court hands me a skewer for my marshmallow, "We don't need another possible ER visit."

"Yeah, no more hospitals until the two of them are trying to force their way out of you." Brad pulls me closer as we work on our food "Trying to keep the boys from destroying the place is not fun."

"I have no plans for any of us to be back."

They all back away from me dramatically as I pull the skewer away from the fire pit, making my smore.

"Guys, stop overreacting, it's fine."

"Jen, your marshmallow is darker than the chocolate you're eating."

"Leave me alone."