Return to Era

"Mmmm, what a nice catnap." Lilith stretched her arms in the air and reached for the ceiling, wriggling her body around in the sterile white chair in the back of the transport shuttle.

"Welcome back, captain."

Lilith tensed instantly at the sound of dark Joon's voice. Her thoughts settled, and she recalled how close they were to their destination. Nearly there, by now, she suspected.

"So, you never really said before--we're going to Era because your book tells you that there's a lead here for this Artifact, right? What's the lead exactly?"

Joon was reclining lazily in the chair next to hers. He sounded bored when he answered, "No. I never said that, but it's a fair assumption."

Lilith's shoulders seemed to crumple into her. "Wait, what?"

"Yeah." Kim Namjoon rose from his chair and walked over to the side of the shuttle, opening one of the cabinets and pulling out a snack bar. He peeled back the packaging and started scarfing it down.

Lilith stared at him like the monster she believed he had truly become. "Then why... they hell.. are we about to land in Era?"

Joon admitted through a mouthful of food, "Well... you could say... I felt called." He swallowed. "Like a compass pulling me North."

Lilith jumped to her feet and turned to face him. "Towards what?"

He shrugged, smiling deviously. "I don't know. But it should be interesting to find out."

Lilith made a break for the pilot's chair, and the controls.

Joon was two steps ahead.

Their wrestle was brief. Instead of waiting until Lilith exhausted her strength in the struggle, Kim Namjoon's joined fists came down hard on the side of her temple and sent her reeling to the floor, instantly blacking out.

When she lay limp, he crouched down to press two fingers into her neck, checking her pulse. "Hmph." Then he scooped her up and made himself busy tucking her away into one of the sleep pods. "I'll wake you up when we've landed. So that you can show me around."

"Dean, why do you call it all Spirit Shit?" Jin was feeling restless in tight quarters. He needed something to distract himself from the cramp in his left leg and the feeling of being a kid on a tedious road trip.

 He needed something to distract himself from the cramp in his left leg and the feeling of being a kid on a tedious road trip