24

Scott's basement^

***

March 17, 2019

Mitch wakes up first, as usual, around 6:45 and goes upstairs to get dressed for his doctor's appointment in a little while.

He goes into Scott's room and changes into leggings and one of Scott's shirts.

Once he's done, he heads downstairs and sees Rick making coffee.

"Morning, Mitch."

"Good morning, Rick."

"You're up early."

"Yeah, my mom is taking me for my checkup. I'll be back after, it'll probably be before everyone else is awake."

Rick chuckles, "Probably."

Mitch puts on his shoes and puts Occhi in her harness, his phone dinging shortly after.

"My mom's here. See you later."

"Bye."

Nel and Mitch go to the hospital to see Dr. Shepherd, "There's my favorite patient!" Shepherd smiles when he comes into the room.

Mitch laughs, "You say that to everyone."

"Ah, but I mean it when I say it to you. Let's get started, shall we? Nel, do you want to stay or wait outside?"

She looks at Mitch, "Outside, please." He suggests. She leaves the room and closes the door behind her.

"I'm blind in one eye." Mitch blurts out as soon as the door closes.

"What?"

"My left eye. I can't see."

"Okay. How long have you not been able to see?"

"Since yesterday morning, when I woke up."

"Who knows?"

"My friend, Kevin."

"Alright. We knew this was a possibility. Good news is, it's highly unlikely that you will go blind in your right eye again."

"And I'm okay with that. I just want one good eye, that's all I really care about."

The rest of the checkup doesn't take too long, it's really just some tests to ensure that the rest of his sight won't go as well.

Dr. Shepherd tells Nel about Mitch's eye before she drives Mitch back to Scott's.

"Be careful, per favore." It's now a little after 7:30, and Nel is dropping Mitch off at Scott's house.

"I will. Bye." Mitch goes back into the house, and Rick immediately grabs one of the drink carriers so Mitch doesn't drop any.

"Thanks. I didn't wanna spill their surprises everywhere."

"I know how much you guys love Starbucks." Mitch laughs and they carry the drinks downstairs.

"Oh, and Mitch?" Rick whispers so they don't wake the others.

"Yeah?"

"Nice hickeys."

Mitch's face turns red, and Rick just laughs and goes upstairs. He shakes it off, thankful his mom didn't notice, and he sits back down next to Scott, who subconsciously puts his head on Mitch's lap.

Mitch's heart melts at the sight, and he runs his fingers through the blond hair as he scrolls through his phone.

Scott wakes up after a few minutes and looks up at Mitch with a smile. Scott takes his head off of Mitch's lap and motions him closer, so Mitch just leans down.