Chapter 64

Takamagahara

The purifying rivers of Takamagahara were glowing brighter than ever. Their immense aura of purity was attracted to a singular being which seemed to be literally imbued in the rivers' energies.

The entity was completely engulfed in an ethereal golden-white light. It's great height diminishing immensely by the second, it clawed at the shores of the river, moving away from it. The moment it set foot on the grassy fields, the ethereal light shattered, its fragments flying everywhere like drops of rain.

A slim, tall and handsome middle-aged man with long curly white hair stood there. His eyes were closed, almost as if he had fallen into a mild slumber. When they opened, his pupils were revealed to be cold and golden.

Amenominakanushi took a deep breath as he felt the purification to have finally settled in his being. And truthfully, he did feel very different from mere moments ago. He felt extremely refreshed. He took a deep breath once again, just enjoying the feeling coursing through his veins.

'Aaah. I have long forgotten this sort of fresh thrill. I felt something similar, only when I obtained awareness for the first time I suppose? Those were good times, as well.' he thought, feeling some small genuine joy throb in his chest. Remembering the past of his prime self never ceased to fill Amenominakanushi with some form of comfort, no matter what.

With the constant pain of that damned poison gone, he could move and breath as freely as he wanted to. The mutations of his body had regressed into its most primal state. From what he could assume, this was a form similar to what Samael had once looked like without the Poison.

He took a step towards the river, peering over it to see what changes had occurred once again in his body. He blinked and widened his eyes a little in surprise as he saw the results of the purification. His skin no longer possessed that disgusting dark greenish shade of it, but was instead milky white and soft like a newborn's.

"Yet another transformation that even I couldn't have foreseen. It is certainly most pleasing, though." He muttered in slight content at his new appearance. Though he wasn't one to make preference of his appearances, he thought this form somehow suited him best.

As his gaze traveled low to his body he noticed he lacked any real clothing. Which was to be expected and under normal circumstances, he wouldn't have been bothered by that factor. But he also saw that he had the private parts of a human male.

Though he wasn't normally one to feel embarrassment at his naked being, Amenominakanushi huffed to himself and resolved to create something which he could cover himself with. Gathering a small portion of his godly energy in his right hand, he ran his fingers over his body. The energy clung onto his skin until it turned into a baggy double-layered white and black kimono.

"Much better." He thought to himself in resignation.

Amenominakanushi blinked again as he realized something else had drastically changed as well.

His voice.

Though it still retained its deep and authoritative tone, it no longer possessed that ghastly booming distortion. Something that easily signified his identity.

Well, he wasn't complaining, but it was still idly astounding how much of an effect a mere healing river could have over him.

'Now, onto more important matters regarding this new form of mine. Let's see if any improvements have been really made.'

He had to see if there was any rise in his power level, otherwise this evolution would've been a waste of time.

He clenched his fists a little and grunted. A moment later, a fierce cold aura of transparent white color appeared. The aura was surrounded by a thick layer of golden energy. Amenominakanushi's eyes widened as the level of his power continued to grow, far surpassing the peak of his previous form.