Chapter 10

Issei's Inner World/Subconscious

[Issssssei.]

Issei blinked several times at the Orochi's voice. The girl was still on top of him. Her golden reptilian eyes gazed right into his soul. Lowering her head, the Yamata-no-Orochi opened her mouth, showing Issei her sharp fangs and tongue. Rolling her long sharp tongue out, the Orochi licked Issei on his cheek.

As soon as the Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi came in contact with Issei, the Inner World began to reconstruct itself, with the buildings and skyscrapers brightening.

When the Yamata-no-Orochi saw Issei appear in his Inner World, she suddenly felt the urge to be with him. As this was the first time the Orochi discovered her true emotions, she didn't have a clear understanding on why she was doing this. It was as though her instinct was pulling her towards Issei.

As he watched the Orochi display affection towards his host, Ddraig glided towards them, making sure he wouldn't crush any of the buildings. The Welsh Dragon had to admit that he was ecstatic that Issei was back. Even with the presence of the Yamata-no-Orochi as company, the Red Dragon Emperor honestly didn't know how he was going to move on.

His view began to change when Death itself had visited them within the seals of the Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi. It told him and the Orochi that Issei was well, and that it returned him to the human world.

{So partner, how did it feel to meet Death itself?}

Patting the Orochi on the head gently, which caused her to hiss in pleasure, Issei turned his attention to Ddraig.

"Honestly...it was surreal. Out of all the people I've met, I never would've expected to meet her...uh, it."

{Hmm.}

[Issssssei.]

At the sound of his name, Issei looked up at the golden eyes of the Orochi.

"Uh..." Issei began in confusion.

{Do you know what's strange, partner? You seem to attract some of the most strongest existences in the Universe.}

"I do?"

{Think about it. You got Ophis. Then there's Great Red, Lilith, and the Yamata-no-Orochi. Hell, even Death has a little crush on you.}

"..."

{Except for Great Red, all of the creatures I mentioned are genderless, partner. And they all took a female form. Do you know what that means?}

"What?"

Ise-itoko...

As he heard his cousin's voice within his Inner World, Issei took this opportunity to transmit out of his subconscious. As soon as she saw Issei disappear, the Yamata-no-Orochi curled her lips into a small pout.

[Issssei.]

{Not to worry. He'll be back.}

Issei's Room

Opening his brown eyes, the first sight Issei saw was Leiko, Ophis, and the Great Red sitting on his bed. Sitting himself up, Issei cracked his neck to get the crick out of it.

"Ise-itoko, are you all right?" Leiko asked in a worried tone.

Issei sighed and looked up at his cousin.

Leiko almost felt herself lose her breath. Even if it was a slight yet significant change, Leiko couldn't help but become transfixed as she stared into her cousin's eyes. She remembered the shape of Issei's eyes before he transformed for the first time.