Chapter 9

Takamagahara

On the land of Takamagahara, Amaterasu sat in the fields of her home. She had a forlorned expression on her face as she looked all around her.

'My little Issei...' She moaned in her head sadly.

"Amaterasu-omikami."

At the call, Amaterasu lifted her head up and widened her eyes to see a man wearing Japanese clothes that featured the symbols of the moon.

"Tsukuyomi-no-Mikoto. What're you doing here?"

Tsukuyomi-no-Mikoto, the god of the moon, glared at his sister. Similar to the relationship between Amaterasu and Susanoo, Tsukuyomi's relationship with his sister was not friendly at all. Originally residing with Amaterasu, Tsukuyomi angered his sister by murdering the goddess of food.

Sent by Amaterasu to represent her at a feast, Tsukuyomi was disgusted to find out that the way Uke Mochi, the goddess of food, prepared her meals, was less than desirable. As a result, he killed her. After Amaterasu learned what her brother had done, she refused to never look at him again, choosing to move another part of the sky.

"Please, you know why I am here." Tsukuyomi scoffed as he stared at his sister with distaste. "Don't be so naïve, sister. I do not like this...'tradition' we perform every year, but we have to join the Sun and the Moon together. It is essentially our routine."

"Why are you so eager, Tsukuyomi?" Amaterasu asked with a suspicious tone, "You have never been this eager before.

"Because I would like to get this over as soon as possible. The sooner we combine the Moon and the Sun, the better."

"...Very well." Amaterasu assented as she got up.

Issei's House

Leiko sighed as she watched Ophis sit on the couch. She had to admit, she was feeling worried for her cousin. She was also worried about Lilith. Despite only recently meeting the clone of Ophis, she had grown an attachment to her.

Great Red was quiet for a change as he looked at his 'sister'. He too was worried for Lilith. Despite her being a constant pain in his ass, he grew to care for her just like any older brother would do for his little sister.

Leiko looked up and her eyes widened.

"Hey."

At the sound of Leiko's voice, Great Red lifted his head up.

"What?"

"The Moon's moving towards the Sun. I think it's a Solar Eclipse."

"...Humph."

Issei's Inner World/Subconscious

With a great bellow, the Yamata-no-Orochi charged towards Ddraig. Narrowing his eyes, the Red Dragon Emperor formed a pool of energy around his body, speeding towards the Orochi. As soon as they came in contact, a clash of energy emitted in Issei's inner world.

Staring at the two creatures sealed within the Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi, Issei turned his attention to his uncle, who was looking proud of himself. As he looked at his uncle, he noticed there was a hole in his stomach.

The young man frowned as he looked at his own chest. The hole in his chest remained open. Widening his eyes in confusion, Issei flared out his aura, in an attempt to regenerate his chest. However, his chest wasn't sealing up. The hole wasn't closing in at all.

'What's going on?!'

Susanoo smirked as he looked at the confused look on his nephew's face.

'Everything is going according to plan. Soon the son of Amaterasu will be finished! And the best part is, I don't even have to try. I'll leave that honor to the god of the Moon. My brother.'