Chapter 48

Kuoh Academy - Azazel's Laboratory

For the longest time on Earth, the sky was much darker even though it was only noon. The weather on Earth was also colder compared to the previous temperatures. The students and staff of Kuoh Academy had long ago abandoned the school, and took safety in their homes. However, only one person was still trapped in the school.

"Day fourteen...still in here."

Fallen Angel Azazel had to give Serafall and her power some credit. She was definitely the strongest female Devil in the Underworld, so anyone knew not to be hesitant with her. Her playful and childish nature betrayed how much power she wielded. Then there were her ice-based powers, more specifically the Celsius Cross Trigger technique.

Azazel thought it was insane that Serafall's technique managed to remain intact even though the creator had been gone for two weeks. He wondered why Serafall never even bothered to free him from her ice trap. She couldn't have been that angry for what he did to Issei. For goodness sake, it was unintentional on his part.

So yeah, he had been trapped in his own laboratory for two weeks.

"Where on Earth are Raynare and the rest of the Fallen Angels? Or even Asia? Don't they realize I've been gone for a while?"

He was seriously wondering that. They had to have noticed his absence by now. That, or they just didn't care.

Azazel sighed and turned his head towards the window; his head being the only part of his body that he could actually move. He narrowed his eyes at the change in weather and the appearance of the sky. Clicking his tongue, Azazel looked down at his ice entrapment.

"The freezing from out there is passing into this room, which does not work well in my advantage. I need to find some way to get out of here. Or someone. But no one's sane enough to come to this school, especially at the temperature rate of this weather."

"*Cough!* *Cough!*"

The Fallen Angel widened his eyes as he heard the echo of rough coughing. He made a grimace as he heard slow but faint approaching footsteps. Azazel closed his eyes as he sensed the nearing energy signal. His eyes opened again and grew wide in astonishment.

'This strength! It's overwhelming enough to the point of bringing me chills! I don't recognize this wielder at all!'

He could hear the steps getting closer to his area of Kuoh Academy. Azazel adopted a calm and laid-back face as the door to his laboratory opened, revealing a silhouette. Sporting a smile, Azazel took an opportunity to greet the walker.

"Hello there. I'd offer to shake your hand, but I'm a little 'frozen' at the moment."

"..."

Azazel blinked at the lack of response.

"...Hello?"

The silhouette walked forward, allowing Azazel to fully see the figure.

'A woman?'

The first thing he noticed was that the woman was extremely tall. Her skin was pale, as well as her physical stature being thin. She had long black hair, and had a few long and frayed strands of hair that fell across her face. She was also clad in a white robe. Her half-lidded eyes were a deep purple with a hint of blue.

Izanami P.O.V.

It was hard for her to leave Takamagahara, her original home. Remaining at the area only brought back painful memories, and she could no longer sense her grandchild within Yomi, bringing even more stress to her. The woman never pictured herself as someone who could be feel so overprotective over someone she had endlessly stalked.